Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea why I can't load that save?

Comment

• Did the auto-scouts/warriors really do that ever (stop to heal)? They've always seemed suicidal to me and thats why i stopped automating them long time ago ??. Sorry for excess ??, they're intentional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
        Any idea why I can't load that save?
        Sorry, I've made some modifications to my game. Here's my Custom Assets folders with the necessary files.
        Attached Files

Comment

• The last AI is really though on prince. It's about the strength that I can get. Considering that before I simply ran through the AIs on that level on that level it really makes a difference.

The AI also start wars between each other.

I noticed on bug though. When trading techs with AI and asking it what it would give for a certain tech it sometimes makes an empty proposition (meaning they offer nothing but you get the button to accept the "trade") instead of saying that they have nothing to offer. If you need a save I can provide you one. Although I'll have to play a new game, but I'm sure I can reproduce that error as I've seen it several times already.

Here my guess on the bug: I've not seen the AI propose you gold in any situations so I think it is blocked somewhere by an error in the code. Now when you propose a tech but the AI has only gold and wants to propose it. Now the bug comes into play which remove the gold again from the list giving a list which is effectively empty (but has already passed the test on if it empty).

Where the AI is weak is at industrial starts. It doesn't expand fast enough. Upkeep costs are an a lot smaller issue as state property isn't far right from the start and courthouses are available right from the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben04

Here my guess on the bug: I've not seen the AI propose you gold in any situations so I think it is blocked somewhere by an error in the code. Now when you propose a tech but the AI has only gold and wants to propose it. Now the bug comes into play which remove the gold again from the list giving a list which is effectively empty (but has already passed the test on if it empty).

I can confirm this bug.
            However, my experience is that A.I is still offering gold if initiating a trade himself.

But never if I myself asks for a trade.
            If I manualy add some of the A.I:s gold to tech trading table, however, then the deal still might be accepted.
            GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
            even mean anything?

Comment

• I find in my un-moded play that the AI will almost always except that their offer be sweetened with extra gold.

I do as follows. The AI calls me offering Tech X for my tech Y, I remove their tech X from the box leaving my Tech Y. I then press "what will you give me for this" and almost without fail their Tech X pluss several hundred gold (if they have it) will show up. I thus always "haggle" them this way when the base X 4 Y deal is desirable.
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by JulianD
                Did the auto-scouts/warriors really do that ever (stop to heal)? They've always seemed suicidal to me and thats why i stopped automating them long time ago ??. Sorry for excess ??, they're intentional.
                Definitely. One observation I had made in the past was that when they were attacked and got a promotion, they would wake up for the promotion cue. If the promotion didn't heal them, then putting them on "explore" would have them first turtle until healed then head off again. I liked it!!!! [The excess "!"s are intentional, too!]
                If you aren't confused,
                You don't understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

Sorry, I've made some modifications to my game. Here's my Custom Assets folders with the necessary files.
                  Thanks.

I've discovered that the main problem is actually in the Python code (which is why my changes have been strangely ineffectual in some cases) - the SDK code is used for Continents and some types, but isn't used for Pangaea and some other types. I've hacked around this in the SDK so all map types take my distance algorithm into (some) consideration.

Now that I'm pretty sure I definitely know what was causing the close starts, I'm also pretty much definitely sure they're fixed now.

Comment

• Is there any way inside the game to know for sure that I am using the new code? The city governor does not seem to be behaving as described (I am still having to click on the three emphasize buttons to get the governor to mostly just work tiles.)

I placed the .dll in

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets

Is there a way to see the version of the code that is actually running? If not, you should put an easter-egg in or something.

Thanks

Comment

• Here's something I saw a lot in my last game, but I didn't save the game at the right point to show it. The governor wants to work the tile at 36 from the city, instead of the tile at 7 which would give one more commerce. This is vanilla again, with the patch from December 21.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• The save:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• DaveV, even the 2.08 AI often wants to advance the growth of a hamlet rather than use a village. I've seen it often.

Comment

• Well that's weird as the other cottage isn't maxed out.

Comment

• I haven't personally checked, but perhaps it works the smaller-yield cottage because it will take few (or alot of?) turns to upgrade it.

Comment

• Well it still doesn't make sense unless the only other alternative is already maxed.

Comment

Working...
                                X