No announcement yet.

Warlords Patch 2.08 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also like to report problems. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook with a Pentium M 1.86ghz, 2 gb of ram, and a pci-e mobility radeon with 128 mb of vram. needless to say, i have never experienced many problems with the game, not until v2.08.

my problems seem to be graphical in origin. wierd artifacts, lagged leaderheads, and twice the game has crashed on me just today. the second time when it crashed it told me that my video settings were too high, what is this about? 128 mb of vram isnt good enough anymore? i am going to reinstall, and forget this patch ever happened.

Comment

Well I have 1024 MB ram, so that must be the major difference then. I don't play huge maps that often either, I must admit.

Perhaps running a barbarian game with equal settings, one with patch and one without, and timing the speeds would be a nice experiment? But I'm not sure if the barbarian campaign uses Blake's AI.

If it does it's a good speedtest. It doesn't involve graphics, only AI.

Comment

Well.. I'm going to do an experiment, but not the one you've proposed... not yet anyway.

I'm going to keep the Huge maps and then start with the standard number of AI from a large map (I think that's 2 less? Not sure..) and see what the impact is.

Then I'll back it down one AI at a time and see what impact it has. If that doesn't do it, then I'll reduce the map size from Huge to Large and increase the AI to the standard AI # on Huge and work my way backwards from there.

Hopefully, that will tell me if it is the map size, or if it is the # of AI players that is causing the problem.

The easiest route would be to pick a small map with every single possible AI, but I'm not sure that is even allowed, and I'm also not sure if the close confines of the small map would result in the extra AI being eliminated so early that the exercise would be pointless.

Kool-Aid: What model number of mobility Radeon do you have? About a year ago, nVidia and ATI both released GPUs that use main system memory as their VRAM. So, while they claim to have 128mb of ram, they really don't. What they are doing is using 128mbs of your main ram. (Actually, that's not true.. its more like they come with 64mbs of ram, but label themselves as 128mbs because they 'borrow' the extra 64mbs from your system ram)

Comment

I just bought Warlords, do ya suppose it already has the patches or do I need to dl a patch?

Comment

I'm quite sure you must DL the patch.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Download the patch, then download the newest AI mod
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm having a helluva time DL'ing the patch, dial up sucks and the file keeps getting corrupted or the DL stops before its finished.

Comment

In my case the warlords doesn't recognise that Civ 4 is installed.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I can't even uninstall Civ4 ?
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

That's odd

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                        I can't even uninstall Civ4 ?
                        Well, there you have it. Your pc doens't reckognize civ4, and therefor warlords doesn't reckognize it either. I's day, reinstall civ4 in the current civ4 directory. Then you'll most probably be able to install warlords as well.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                        X