Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords Team Democracy Game?

Moot now.
    Last edited by Zoid; November 24, 2006, 07:31.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

I'm interested
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I'll be in.

No experience, but want to learn.

Best regards,

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
        I'll be in.

No experience, but want to learn.

Best regards,
        Same here

Comment

Maybe we should wait for next expansion?
          Warlords does not bring many gameplay changes to MP.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

How exactly does (Team) Democracy work? I've seen the forums, even looked around in them once, but there didn't seem to be a sticked thread called "WTF IS A DEMOCRACY GAME??????", so I quickly left again.

It's everybody together playing a single civilization right? And deciding what to do by voting on it?

It sounds interesting. I guess if a warlords game was started we should focus on some aspect of the game that is different for warlords.

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
              How exactly does (Team) Democracy work? I've seen the forums, even looked around in them once, but there didn't seem to be a sticked thread called "WTF IS A DEMOCRACY GAME??????", so I quickly left again.

It's everybody together playing a single civilization right? And deciding what to do by voting on it?

It sounds interesting. I guess if a warlords game was started we should focus on some aspect of the game that is different for warlords.
              That is about it.

Plus there is some level of roleplaying depending on the team's style.
              Also some teams have designated turn players, foreign affairs ministers, generals etc.

I don't think you can focus a regular team demo game intentionally on something specific because it really is just a game for the win.
              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem

We have two types of Democracy Games here at Apolyton. There´s the Single Player Democcracy Game (SPDG), where the players are all part of the same team so to speak, there´s a president, and various cabinet ministers and judges who all get elected once a month. The game is played by all players at a game chat held a few times/week by the president. Discussions about the game and how it should be played are discussed in the SPDG forum

Team Democracy games on the other hand are played by teams who each play one civ and then discuss movements and strategy within their own teams. I´m not entirely familliar with the inner workings of the team demo games , but here´s the Rule Listing for the Team Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                  Maybe we should wait for next expansion?
                  Warlords does not bring many gameplay changes to MP.
                  I don´t think the next XP will have any major changes either. And it may be well into next year before we see that XP with the mandatory patch/patches...

Comment

I'm keen to play in a Warlords Team DG. But we should definitely wait until the the patch comes out though as there are some very useful changes included in this.
                    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                    Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

That´s the plan

Comment

XP maybe a while...after the patch like Zoid said

I would join, but not till I am back from my business trip

see ya then
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Although anyone is free to set up a team demogame, I suggest we hold off on this one. Team demogames take a LONG time, and take a LOT of effort from a large group of people. Having more than one going at once in a similar set of games (ie, Civ4 and variants) can be very hard, particularly when the current one is just chugging at this point ... when PTWDGII came out, it is my understanding that PTWDGI slowed a LOT, and PTWDGII probably didn't get as much participation as it could have.

My suggestion is to wait a year or so ... by then, there will be:
                          1) new blood in the forums
                          2) more things happened in C4DG(1) and therefore possibly ousted teams, or just more excited-for-demogames folks there willing to do a second game
                          3) a more stable game (ie, patch and knowledge of bugs/issues/exploits/etc.)

If your game can't wait a year, it's not going to work anyway; it will take three or four years after all C4DG we learned, among other things, that we should probably have waited a while to even get organizing; the organizing push lost its momentum when we waited interminably for the patch ...

To have a successful DG, you need that participation level ... if you don't have a minimum of 25 people interested, don't even bother, and that's 25 people who aren't already set in teams of 6 or 7. 40+ is better, tbh ...

If you're interested in joining a team in the Vanilla game, there are some teams interested in new members ...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Good and valid points, snoopy We might hold off on this one until we´re ready. But if there´s 20 or so rookies out there who wish to try demo gaming on equal terms, PM me

Comment

Well I'm currently not in a Demo game, and I'm interested. Joining one that's already been going on for a loooong time seems rather silly.

But I guess you do need a lot of players to make it work. With 7 civs on a normal map you want 30+ players I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X