What scenarios for the 2nd expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale
    I already made an Age of Discovery/Colonisation scenario. Check my sig.
    What are your current scenario plans, then?
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
      What are your current scenario plans, then?
      [Dale]
      The Ashoka scenario
      [/Dale]
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer

The new world from 4000 BC to 1490 AD, prior to the arrival of the European predators. (Ends in 1490 just as regular civ ends in 2050.) This would allow for both more nomadic elements and settled cultures, at least initially. Completely different tech tree (no wheel, no horses, no iron or metal working). This would be genuinely fun, and still historical.
        I like.

He also founded the secret society of the Nine Unknown Men
        If it was that much of a secret, how did they know there were nine? And unknown? Somebody must have seen them to figure out there were nine

Comment

I was thinking about the Colonisation scenario, and think it would be cool if instead of playing as one of the European powers, you played as their "colonists." The mechanics would be the same as a vassal (they'd be called a colony instead), and would get help and stuff from time to time from home, but they could build a wonder or something that gives them independence.

And, they could use send merchant ships back to their home countries for big bucks.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            I was thinking about the Colonisation scenario, and think it would be cool if instead of playing as one of the European powers, you played as their "colonists." The mechanics would be the same as a vassal (they'd be called a colony instead), and would get help and stuff from time to time from home, but they could build a wonder or something that gives them independence.

And, they could use send merchant ships back to their home countries for big bucks.
            I was thinking sort of like Sid Meier's Pirates but from the governors' perspective. I definitely would like there to be an air of unpredictability and a chaotic "frontier-world" to it.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I voted the banana option. I don't mind having more scenarios but I'd rather that the main game take the focus than adding more scenarios that I'm likely not to play more than once. In other words I don't want another Warlords where there was only 1 major gameplay change and millions of scenarios that I'll probably never play.
              As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
              atrocities.
              - Voltaire

Comment

Japan is always fun, but this time give us the Portuguese

Umm....what? Did we get our threads crossed?

()
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

In general, about religious conquest, there needs to be someway to incorporate warfare and religion and forced conversions, not just this missionary nonsense. It should be for all religions of course, but Muslims should not be touchy about this. Even if it is not in the "spirit" of the religion, its what happened and could have happened to any religion.

That being said, another good Indian scenario would be the Mahabharata which engulfed every kingdom in India. It could be cool to have some mythology in there too (demons, Krishna, etc). I love the idea of the Iliad too.
                  May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Working...
                  X