Replacement of 2cd disc in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement of 2cd disc in game

I purchased this game used and the seller did not inform me of the CATASTROPHIC FAILURE problem on disc 2. Now I am stuck with a dead game.
    Does anyone have a working 2cd disc that i could use, burn, possibly they burn, whatever? I am willing to pay, but I am really bummed over the fact that the company that put out this crap feels I should pay them to get their mistake corrected. I would rather allow my money to go elsewhere.

I do hope someone can help me. I have DSL so I could even download the 2cd disc info if needed. I have no idea if this is possible though.

Just so you know this is not a get game free, all I am asking for is the working 2cd disc info.
    I hope someone can help.

CHEERS

I would email or call Firaxis. They may allow you to send the disc in, or all of them and send you replacements. Then again, they may not since the EULA may not permit a transfer of licenses. I haven't read it so I'm not sure.

Comment

2nd disc?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well, the game does come on 2 CDs...

No downloads of the disc or something like that can be allowed. Typically, publishers handle replacement of damaged discs - that would be 2K Games in this situation. That would probably cost a small fee around 5$.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The game was released on CD too? Never seen any other version than the DVD over here. Probably because we're so technologically advanced over here...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

That's because the European version is DVD, and the CD version is the American one. IIRC.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm pretty sure my copy came on one DVD, with a second disk for extras. I could be misremembering though...

Comment

Working...
              X