X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So I'm thinking about writing....

Welcome back Vel!

Ok, a few points:

Make clear from the start that this advice is Warlords-based; vanilla CIV players may find the info presented awkward to assimilate with the new Warlords traits & UBs

When you run the manuscript through a spelling checker, make sure that the changes it makes don't change the misspelt word for one that is spelled correctly, but completely changes the context of what you're trying to say! This is surprisingly easy to do.. look at capitol & capital, for a minor example: the capital is the centre of the civilisation, its 'seat of power'; the capitol is (usually) a single building that is the civ's (or city's) seat of government, & may be located within the capital or not. Or one of the classic mistakes: using ie (that is) instead of eg (for example), or vice versa

I'm not going to bother correcting spelling mistakes here unless they fall foul of the above, because it's unnecessary in a draft document

Originally posted by Velociryx

Reasons for building adjacent to the copper:
    * You want to take maximum advantage of the boost in hammers that a mined copper tile provides
    * You feel secure in your ability to properly guard the mined resource
    * You don't feel pressed for time, and don't mind spending the extra worker turns to bring the resource on-line
    * Building adjacent to the copper source would provide you with more total resources in the city's workable area than building ON the copper source would
    Points 2 & 3 here are not 'reasons for building adjacent to..', they're exactly the opposite (directly refuting) 'reasons for building on..', therefore unnecessary

Drat! There were 4 or 5 points I wanted to comment on that I spotted last night, but they've vanished from my brain whilst I was asleep..

Anyway, very well done, & very useful! Keep going! )
    Dom 8-)

Comment

• Vel, it is so good to see your strategies and thoughts again.

Comment

Working...
      X