No announcement yet.

Please reassure me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that you can see it before you can use it. That way you can already plan your expansion around it, so that you will certainly have it by the time you need it.

But I agree it should be explained more cleary in the game that you can't use it until you have fission.

Comment

Something like "Uranium mining/processing" should be introduced with fission. If the well and the offshoreplattform is implemented exclusively to get oil, this should be possible too.

But, if they let it mineable through a conventional mine, i want it at least as a tradeable resource. In my specific game, i probably could have traded it for oil.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd

The trouble here is that Uranium is accessed with an ability that can be used on any arbitrary hill, and which comes into play way earlier. If you want to make it unmineable until fission, you probably want to change what the relevant worker action is.
        Or more straightforwardly, make uranium not visible until Fission
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz

Quality Assurance. The people who are supposed to make sure stuff works.
          Not trying to stray too far off the original topic. But QA is by far much more in depth that simply making sure something works.

QA is more about customer satisfaction. Making sure the customer gets what they want, when they want it for the right price.

This entails process controll internally, supplier audits, methods for feedback, etc.

Mission statements usually include standard CIM statement : " Continuous Measurable Improvement " which implies that QA teams understand nothing is perfect... we just reach a little higher every day.
          DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

any news

Any news on patch time? Picked up warlords today looking forward to testing it out. Also was interesting to see CivRome was out and you didn't have a page for it on your site, how much input did Fraxis have on this game (if you can say)

Would also love to know what other project the QA team is working on...wouldn't happen to be Alpha Centauri II would it? (Please Please)
            A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

I would like to see Alpha Centauri II...
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Re: any news

Originally posted by dacole
                Any news on patch time? Picked up warlords today looking forward to testing it out. Also was interesting to see CivRome was out and you didn't have a page for it on your site, how much input did Fraxis have on this game (if you can say)

Would also love to know what other project the QA team is working on...wouldn't happen to be Alpha Centauri II would it? (Please Please)
                We don't have official coverage for CivCity: Rome on Apolyton.

As for the patch, just read again what has been said above .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: any news

Originally posted by dacole
                  my guess would be Railroads! which went gold recently

Comment

The question about CivRome was for the Firaxis employee thought thanks for the update solver
                    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem

Are you sure you have the required tech for uranium?

It's a little bit confusing at first, but some resources require a different tech to use than to see. Uranium becomes visible with Scientific Theory (or was it physics?) but you can only use it once you have fission.

For oil this works the same, but here you can't actually build the improvement until you have the required tech for it, so it doesn't cause the same confusion.

Since fission is rather out of the way on the tech tree, it's easy to get into a situation where you can see uranium, and have units that need it, but you can't use it, even while having it hooked up.
                      I've had the exact same issue in Warlords. I get Physics and uranium shows on the map. I build mines where uranium pops up. Even though it's connected to my trade network, I have no uranium. This game, I replaced a town and a farm. Neither one has given me access to the uranium.
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Check Civilipedia for Uranium and all will be explained...

Comment

I'm not saying anything about using it. I don't even have access to it. I can't trade it to anyone else, even. If that's how it's supposed to work, uranium shouldn't appear on the map until Fission rather than Physics.
                          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Why?
                            That would remove whole point of Physics tech and remove resource planning elements, like if I have uranium, then try do discover tech that will make it useful or similar.

Comment

Should bananas, sugar, spices, silks or dyes not appear until calender?
                              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
                                Should bananas, sugar, spices, silks or dyes not appear until calender?
                                That's a good point, Thedrin

Originally posted by player1
                                Why?
                                That would remove whole point of Physics tech and remove resource planning elements...
                                Physics should reveal it, that's ok.
                                I cannot use it until fission, that' ok too.

See it like this: I don't know what to do with the hot glowing stones, but the more civilized nations are all eager to get it. I shall have my scientists look at it a bit closer... In the meantime, let's dig it out and trade it for something....

If i can build a mine in grassland only because uranium has appeared there, then it has to become a tradeable resource.

Or prevent the mining until fission is discovered, like oil until you can build a well.

Comment

Working...
                                X