Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      I'll add my two cents:

waiting for change

get AI to declare war on the civ you are fighting

I have managed this once...
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex

waiting for change

get AI to declare war on the civ you are fighting

I have managed this once...
        This is a double-edged sword which might not always be much use and tends to cost too much anyway. Your ally will often pillage the land you want to take.

Comment

as long as they pillage it before I build...lol

Sometimes I wait several turns to settle so I can rake in some free cash(later in game) from impoved tiles

pilaging stack of 2-4 units on a town can help the war coffers. I now include a unit with heal.
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Sorta. That's part of it. The other part is their mobility. Ships can sail up to a target city waaaay in advance of your ground forces. So while their bombard power isn't all that hot, they can often do the job in plenty of time, while your army slogs its way though to the target.
            If you are attacking another coastal city why would you slog the ground units overland when you can just put them back on the transports, move them to a square near the next coastal target and massively speed up your invasion?

You normally get enough attrition in your assaults that the transports won't be full so you can still send some back to the Fatherland for reinforcements.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
            X