Culture Flipping--A Little Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saurus sez:
    However, I think there should be a rule that would allow the city to switch back later even if couquered.
    There is; if you go into "Custom Game" you can turn that on (at least in 1.61).

Old Geezer sayeth:
    I stopped midway through conquering the Egyptians, leaving a number of cuture-pressured border cities. One of those, Byblos, went through multiple rebellions; more than I could now recount, but it was at least 5-6. All of these rebellions were lengthy. The city never flipped, remaining in my civilization for the rest of the game.
    Yes, that's exactly the point: You had conquered Byblos, and thus it would never flip back to the Egyptians.

To reiterate: If a city has been taken by conquest, it can never culturally flip back to its original owner as long as the conqueror owns it. It can still culturally flip to another culture, and as I understand the rules, if a third culture conquers it, it can then flip back to the original civ.

Comment

Flipping opposing capitals

Does anyone know if enemy capitals can be flipped? This comes up often on the World 18 Civs scenario--with Paris and London being so close together, London often goes under 50%. But I've yet to see even a rebellion.

Comment

Working...
      X