Worst Enemies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Enemies

It would be good if the main F4 diplo screen allowed you to see quickly who is who's 'worst enemy'.

When a number of civs are annoyed or furious it isn't obvious, and I think I've even seen 'worst enemies' that do not have the lowest score.

What I do is to repeatedly click-escape on the leaders names on the main screen until their introductory message includes their enemy, but it can take 8 or more attempts to get this. Multiply by, say seven civs, and that's up to 50 clicks needed to get essential info that can make or break a game at the margin.

We should be able to see this info instantly, and even to check it every turn without a clickfest.

I don't think it will benefit you or disbenefit you, or should be any concern of yours until it gets to the point where one wants you to stop trading with the other.

A civ can have many "worst enemies," only when they care enough to get everyone else to hate their enemy is when it is a crucial part of the game.

Other than that, you can probably just click on the faces of the leaders in the diplo screen and odds are that the one that is furious or annoyed at them is their worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
      I don't think it will benefit you or disbenefit you, or should be any concern of yours until it gets to the point where one wants you to stop trading with the other.
      You need to know before it gets to that point, because once the demand is made there will be a diplo hit, and the only way to avoid it is to not trade with the party in question before hand.

A civ can have many "worst enemies," only when they care enough to get everyone else to hate their enemy is when it is a crucial part of the game.
      They will sometimes tell you when calling them up who is their worst enemy - and this is not the same as 'Annoyed' or 'Furious'. A civ can have many Annoyeds, but in my experience the designated 'Worst Enemy' consistantly goes to a single civ.

Other than that, you can probably just click on the faces of the leaders in the diplo screen and odds are that the one that is furious or annoyed at them is their worst enemy.
      As I said above, that won't tell me who the single Designated Demon is, and I am assuming that for diplo ultimatum purposes, the one they mention when you speak to them is the one they'll issue an ultimatum over.

Comment

I once had 3 civs saying that they would not trade with me because, "We would never trade with you, our worst enemy!"

Maybe you are taking the diplomacy a bit too far, maybe you are just smart and want to enjoy the game diplomacy to the fullest, I don't know. But I honestly think that sometimes the "worst enemy" is picked arbitrarily and even though the civ that has the "worst enemy" hates someone else twice as much (statistically), they still hate that one civ to the end.

That has happened to me before, but I'm sorry, I know no way of helping your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
          Maybe you are taking the diplomacy a bit too far, maybe you are just smart and want to enjoy the game diplomacy to the fullest, I don't know.
          It's a playstyle thing. When running a light military, careful attention to diplomacy becomes important. The threats will come in, and it's important to know exactly who to please and who to offend.

Comment

It would be nice if when someone threatens you, you could check the diplo or tech screens to see the outcome.

Comment

You can - just hit F4 when the threat comes in.

Comment

Well then why don't you just look at that, and you can see how your acceptance/decline of a "declare war"/"stop trading with" offer can affect your diplomatic stance?

Comment

I do, but it doesn't have all the info I need (see OP).

This is basically a plea to those wonderful Firaxians to flag the worst enemy (as occasionally specified by the leader in the meet-up screen) in the F4 screen.

Comment

This is by no means the best way to implement this idea but it is possibly the easiest:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is that a mod or did you just photoshop that up?

Comment

Patience, I'm getting there but I'm old and slow .

So, download the attached file. Navigate to ...\Assets\Python\Screens. In the 'Screens' folder there is a file called 'CvForeignAdvisor.py'. Back it up (copy and paste it into the 'Screens' folder). Then paste the file you just downloaded into the 'Screens' folder.

If you load a game after doing this you have to wait a turn for the dll to update the player's worst enemies.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great option ...
                          They should include it in the patch 1.70 (If they will do it )... Do anyone on apolyton have any contact with firaxis?
                          I've got Warlords! :D:D:D...

Comment

I belive you can safely forget another patch to pre-Warlords Civ4.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              I belive you can safely forget another patch to pre-Warlords Civ4.
                              I believe that you pretty much guarantee that there will be no more non Warlords Civ4 patches!

Its all about the
                              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                              X