Vassal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vassal Question

If another 'Master' state captiulates and offers to be your vassal, what happens to his vassal? Does he lose his vassal and in such case immediately declare war on his old vassal?

I am at war with both the master and vassal state.

Thank you.

You can't be both a vassal and a master. So, yes, the master would lose his vassal. What happens to the vassal though, I'm not sure. You might get BOTH, or that vassal simply freed, haven't had the opportunity to see it happen in game, the vassal seems to always leave before the master capitulates.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The vassal is freed, you don't get both. A civ can't be a master and a vassal, and we've had this same exact thread a million times before, PLEASE don't post it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
        The vassal is freed, you don't get both. A civ can't be a master and a vassal, and we've had this same exact thread a million times before, PLEASE don't post it again.
        It's the first time I've seen one, so it can't have come up that many times. And this isn't CivFanatics, people are free to ask whatever questions they may have about the game. Once you get to be moderator here, then you'll have the right to tell people what they can or cannot post, but not until then.

Comment

I was only making a suggestion, and yes, this question has come up many, many times.
          I don't know what you're talking about CivFanatics, but obviously if people are asking the same question numerous times, something should be done, and I can't do anything because I am NOT a moderator.

Comment

PM the moderator(s), if it bothers you that much.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

What would you suggest, flogging.
              And I have to admit that this is the first time I've seen this question asked, but I didn't start paying attention until Warlords actually came out.

If a duplicate question gets asked and we notice it, we'll usually close the second thread and leave a link to the original thread. But there are so many threads that sometimes it doesn't get noticed.

And it is our goal here to encourage participation, so we like to error on the side of everyday posters and try not to belittle them.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah, you were the one in the other post who said, "you can't be a master and a vassal."

Comment

I don't remember that, i'd love to see a link, but then at my age, you don't remember a lot of things.

But please don't discourage others from asking questions. There are new posters everyday looking for the first time, and if it's not on the first page or the title is not specific, it's unfair to assume that they've already looked in every thread.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                    I don't know what you're talking about CivFanatics, but obviously if people are asking the same question numerous times, something should be done, and I can't do anything because I am NOT a moderator.
                    Over at CivFanatics, many newbies get crucified for asking basic questions. Many people here like the fact that this site is much more tolerant, myself for one. And we'd like to keep it that way. If you feel the urge to berate or belittle someone who asks a question that you feel is unworthy, go over there.

And BTW, as you can see by my status I've spent alot of time on this site, and this is the first time I've seen that question come up. Claiming it's been asked a million times is a "slight" over-exaggeration.
                    Last edited by Willem; August 17, 2006, 22:06.

Comment

I disagree, Willem. Civfanatics has so many more gonzo/whining/infantile threads and posts, the only place there I find of value is their Creation & Customizing forum (particularly Civ4 Modpacks > Dale's Combat Mod), while the one here is ... sorta useless except to refer to CFC threads.

Overall, Poly has much more of interest.

My apologies to those who like CFC. It's just me, I'm sure.
                      And Lord Shiva, CFC's C&C forum is NOT just for hippies! It has MUCH more value than the corresponding forum here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                        I disagree, Willem. Civfanatics has so many more gonzo/whining/infantile threads and posts, the only place there I find of value is their Creation & Customizing forum (particularly Civ4 Modpacks > Dale's Combat Mod), while the one here is ... sorta useless except to refer to CFC threads.

Overall, Poly has much more of interest.
                        We don't disagree at all. The C&C forum on CivFanatics is much better than here at Poly. But there's so many ranters on the general forum, and people playing power games, that I can't really be bothered hanging out there anymore. The C&C section is the only thing there that holds my interest these days. Poly is a much better place to just discuss the game. At least here I don't have to worry about getting involved in a flame war for simply expressing an opinion.

Comment

Is Prussa related to Eyes.

Comment

Group hug everyone, eh?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Willem, I don't give a rat's ass how long you have been here, the fact is, this question has been asked before. I've seen it, it's been answered. Don't bother responding to this post because you'll just be screaming at a brick wall.

And by the way, there is no such thing as an "over-exaggeration".

Comment

Working...
                              X