Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly attack and take over an enemy city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stack attack a fine option!

If you don't like attacking one unit at a time when you have a large force you can go to the options menu and select the stack attack option play around you'll discover some new options that may be helpful in improving your play experience(its under gameplay options)

Comment

Re: stack attack a fine option!

Originally posted by Rah Rah
      If you don't like attacking one unit at a time when you have a large force you can go to the options menu and select the stack attack option play around you'll discover some new options that may be helpful in improving your play experience(its under gameplay options)
      Actually this option still follows the one-unit-at-a-time pattern except that now you don't get to choose the order of the attackers. It is, in general, a lot bloodier in terms of friendly casualties. However, it is also quicker in terms a of actual time taken to complete the attack. I tend to micromanage, especially combat, and this option is definitely not for me.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

that's what I figured stack attack was. Not my cup of tea. And especially with warlords units, I have to be a lot more careful not to use my good units as cannon fodder.

Comment

Catapults and trebuchets.

When these first appear give them city raider promotions as they tend to have a reasonable chance of surviving when thay attack a city and if they can be worked up to CRII or CRIII they are pretty good. As enemy defenders get better save your CR cats/trebs for finishing off damaged defenders and give newly built ones barrage promotions and suicide them to wear down the defenders as the opening of your attack (after bombarding the defences to zero).
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
          X