No announcement yet.

Inquisition. what a show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do get two bonuses from taking out a religion in your cities: The enemy with the holy city wont get any money from it, nor do they get to see what happens in and around the city
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by gradea
      The inquisition, (here we go)
      We know you're wishin' that we'd go away.
      But the Inquisition's here and it's here to stay!
      Great!!! Now I've got that song stuck in my head again!!

Took me three days last time!

Tom P.

Comment

What song is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
          What song is it?
          It's from thew WONDERFUL Mel Brooks movie, "History of the World. Part I".

It has such wonderful quotes as:
          "I'm sittin flickin chickens, And I'm looking through the pickens, And suddenly these goys break down my walls, I didn't even know them, And they grabbed me by the scrotum, And started playing ping pong with my balls, Oy the agony, oh the shame, To make my privates public? for a game?"

It's a great movie.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
            It's from thew WONDERFUL Mel Brooks movie, "History of the World. Part I".
            This is a great movie, one of Mel Brooks best
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The inquisitors gained political power in the church from the process. The church gained by seizing the property of the unbelievers. The society as a whole probably lost ground, but no political actors in Spain represented "society as a whole." No political actor outside the church fathers had anything to gain by opposing the Inquisition, and many had a lot to lose. Incidentally, the Inquisition wasn't restricted to Spain. There were especially virulent branches in France and Italy as well.

As to the Holocaust, again there was property to seize and the Nazis gained and aggrandized their power based on the rhetoric surrounding it. Once again, no one represented "society as a whole" by standing in opposition.

Most real civilizations don't have a demigod like us to decide their overall policies for 6,000 years.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
              X