Warlords nitpicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords nitpicks

After a very brief acquaintance with Warlords, I have noticed the following "nits" which ought to be picked :-
    1. Confusion between Monuments and Obelisks, the latter being Egyptian only, as is stated on pp.12 and 94 of the manual. But p.15 says "monument" for Egypt; the popup from Mysticism says "obelisks" for the Ottomans (and presumably others); and Sid's Tip for Stonehenge also says "provides Obelisks". Three wrong statements on this subject. Are there others related to other unique buildings ?
    2. Monument again: manual p.94 shows no effects.
    3. Manual p.18: Shale plant gives +10 what ? (the 'pedia clears this up - it's +10% hammers)
    4. On p.79, Grass does not appear among the terrains. Fortunately the maps don't follow this omission !

Finally, a major plus point that nobody seems to have commented on. Research and Gold are now calculated, and shown, to two decimal places. Whoopee ! (Probably, so is Culture, but I haven't got that far yet).

Quite a big nitpick: in describing the new "Charismatic" trait, the manual only mentions the effects on happiness it has - it fails to mention that it also lowers the experience requirement for units gaining levels. Quite an omission - leaving out the most important effect which makes Charismatic worth having!
    Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

Re: Warlords nitpicks

Originally posted by Bushface
      Finally, a major plus point that nobody seems to have commented on. Research and Gold are now calculated, and shown, to two decimal places.
      That's actually mentioned in the first post of the "undocumented features" thread:

As for your nitpicks.... you read the manual??
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Cities do not ask build orders when resistence is over after conquest.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
        X