No announcement yet.

some rules questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railroads increase by one hammer the output of mines and lubermills, and no other tiles. The number of hammers in the tile before railroads are built does not matter.

Comment

You got it bass-ackwards, ]Lol[. Factories will work without power, but you cannot build a power plant without a factory there. A factory increases the hammer production of the city. Power increases the hammer production of the city also, providing there's a factory. That isn't usually a factor unless you have Three Gorges providing power to cities that haven't built factories yet.
      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Really?, logically thinking, if that's the way it works, then it's kinda bass-akwards. You'd think you'd need a big power source to power the factory. I have no idea why logically you would need a factory before you could build a power plant, unless the factory was responsible for the manufacturing of the power plants parts

Thanks for the correction.

And fosse, you sure about the railroad increase for only mines and lumbermills? I'm pretty sure I've had workshops benefit from them as well, though I could be mistaken.

Comment

]Lol[Harm, workshops don't get the RR hammer. Also factories have boosted production without power plants since Civ 1, with powerplants adding extra, but requiring the factory. They work without power, but faster with, which is logical despite your protests.

Comment

I was wrapping up my first game last night. The factories do provide hammers without power, just not as many. I think it increases by like 50% with power or something. The lousy thing is that the Domestic Advisor in this version sucks. You can't zoom directly to a city from the display, correct the problem you're having, then zoom right back to the DA. Also, according to my DA, my capital was producing 1/2 of the shields it actually was. The DA wasn't accounting for the factory and hydro plant so it useless as a comparison of your cities which is its main function. That's one of many things I can't imagine why they changed.
            You experienced Civ4 players are going to love this one... I attempted an invasion ala surround the AI cities with tanks, artillery, and an open border agreement - a key strategy in Civ3, well I think you know what happened when I declared war. Boy was I pissed! Good game element, though. I mean that **** is too easy.
            One last thing - is there any way to disable the SDI function and play a REAL game. They have reduced the power of nukes every version until now they're TOTALLY USELESS.

Watashi no atama wa mochi ni natta
            Last edited by d474ang3l; August 2, 2006, 00:19.
            Watashi no atama wa mochi ni natta

Comment

You experienced Civ4 players are going to love this one... I attempted an invasion ala surround the AI cities with tanks, artillery, and an open border agreement - a key strategy in Civ3, well I think you know what happened when I declared war

Serves you right for attempting a cheap, low-down, exploitative RoP-rape. (As we used to call it in Civ 3. Right of Passage (RoP)= Open Borders).

The lousy thing is that the Domestic Advisor in this version sucks. You can't zoom directly to a city from the display, correct the problem you're having, then zoom right back to the DA. Also, according to my DA, my capital was producing 1/2 of the shields it actually was.

If you mean the F1 screen, it doesn't suck. You can click on the icon on the left column to open a city, then ESC returns to the F1 screen.

Also specific buildings can get hammer multipliers if the civ's trait allows double build time. Also, civics can multiply hammers for some builds, not others, so the F1 shows base shields plus effects from forges, factories etc, but not, say, a 25% bonus for a building (not Unit) under Organised Religion. Also, the overflow hammers from the previous item will add to the first turn of a new build.

Comment

Originally posted by ]LoL[Harm
                Really?, logically thinking, if that's the way it works, then it's kinda bass-akwards. You'd think you'd need a big power source to power the factory. I have no idea why logically you would need a factory before you could build a power plant,
                There were factories before electricity - see cotton mills, weaving, ironworks (the RL version) etc..
                Last edited by snafuc4; August 3, 2006, 15:23.
                Dom 8-)

Comment

Working...
                X