Am I seeing things??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I seeing things??

Or is Brennus getting THREE techs at the start?

(Notice the date in the upper right-hand corner)

This is Warlords; Celts; Warlord level; Terra; Large

Tom P.

could you make the screenies LARGER PLEASE
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Per the f'n manual, they do not get the wheel to start. Did someone pop a hut on the first turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        could you make the screenies LARGER PLEASE
        Oi, Grandpa, just click it.
        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Notice the GRIN, Akaoz. He's saying it is MORE than large enough!

Comment

I've seen this before: At lower levels (such as Warlord), sometimes the human player gets one or more additional techs at the beginning. Presumably part of the handicapping.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
              Notice the GRIN, Akaoz. He's saying it is MORE than large enough!
              I had a feeling that was it, that's why I added the

Anyway, I need to get my Sarcasm'o'meter fixed...
              "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz

Oi, Grandpa, just click it.
                Ok, I am on my meds, but can now retire to bed as I learned something new

Thanks
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  Per the f'n manual, they do not get the wheel to start. Did someone pop a hut on the first turn?
                  Which also could happen on accident when you found your first city, as huts coming within your cultural borders are popped, too.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No. No huts, no cities. No nothing.

I wasn't presented with a screen saying I had discovered it... nothing.

Tom P.

Comment

Below noble you get free techs. The Wheel on Warlord, wheel/agriculture on chieftain and wheel/agri/mining on settler. Probably to avoid frustrated newbies who cannot do anything usefull with their workers.

Comment

So, what if you pick a civ that already get's those techs? You're screwed?

That's gotta bite. You pick an easier level but get gyped on the starting techs cause you already have them.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                          So, what if you pick a civ that already get's those techs? You're screwed?
                          Screwed? On Warlord?

Comment

Be kind. I havn't beat the stupid game yet.

I'm begining to think it's a matter of patience. I posted a "help me" save but got distracted by Warlords.

I have 0 patience.

Tom P.

Comment

sure it's not just a color glitch on the tech chart? -- I get that often, but usually in the opposite direction. That is, I have a tech, but it's still blue on the tech screen.

Dirty
                              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                              X