Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords Soundtrack

Hi,

This topic aims to gather thoughts about the musical evolution provided by the add-on. Please don't feel an obligation to contribute if you turn the music off

1- The opening menu song.
    In the original game, it was a Zulu religious song. Does anybody know where they found the new one? I feel both are great.

2- The main soundtrack (depending on the era)
    As far as I tested, no evolution for Medieval, Renaissance, Industrial and Modern eras. Antique era was affected the former classical tunes. Classical era received a lot of old songs from CivIII along with some "fantasy" tracks.
    Now, there is no "silent" era. But I'm disappointed at the classical tracks... Am I alone?

3- The new leaders' soundtrack
    In fact, this title is not exact: only new leaders coming from a new civ got their own music. For example, Staline has the same music as Catherine (a bit weird, completely different personalities...)
    Note the apparition of vocals in the Celtic, Viking and Zulu soundtracks (nice effect I think, for the Celts).
    But global impression negative for these leader tracks, quite boring.

I attach great importance to the quality of the soundtrack of a game: I get a large part of my fun enjoying it if it's good. Renaissance music is so good that I usually tech to Education, Nationalism or Gunpowder to enjoy it sooner. That's why I am so concerned about music

Please do tell me your feelings about the new soundtrack!

1. Sounds Arabic, or something. I like it.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The original wasn't a Zulu religious song, it was simply the Lord's Prayer in Swahili.
      B♭3

Comment

The full lyrics sheet:

A'alnadda, ilnadda, ilnadda. O' Nadda, Nadda, Nadda.
        Wilward imfattah a'a khadda. Where roses are blooming on her cheek.
        Win ma i'atyouni yaaki ya ijbaal ila'ali la-hidda. And if they refuse to give you to me, I will tear down the high mountains.

Win ma i'atyouni yaaki ya ijbaal ila'ali la-hidda. And if they refuse to give you to me, I will tear down the high mountains.

Naddah kaanait haddi ila'ain Nadda was by the water spring.
        wi isaalt-ha hal ghaybaih waiyn. And I asked her why she was not around.
        Naddah kaanait haddi ila'ain Nadda was by the water spring.
        wi isaalt-ha hal ghaybaih waiyn. And I asked her why she was not around.

Bassitni ibhak ila'aynain She looked at me with those eyes.
        Iw badda tihki iw ma badda. And she wanted to talk to me and she did not want to.

Nadda nizlait a'al bistaan Nadda went down to the garden.
        Iw laaaha iw zahhar nisaan. And she was met and April appeared.
        Nadda nizlait a'al bistaan Nadda went down to the garden.
        Iw laaaha iw zahhar nisaan. And she was met and April appeared.

A'am dhall imlabbak sahraan And I always keep troubled and awake.
        Ya injoom illaylaih iba'id-ha. O' night stars take her away.

Imbaraih bilhilwaih itlaa-ate Yesterday with the sweet one I met.
        Hayk iw midri shoo hassaiyt. This way and I do not know what I felt.
        Imbaraih bilhilwaih itlaa-ate Yesterday with the sweet one I met.
        Hayk iw midri shoo hassaiyt. This way and I do not know what I felt.

Iw limin a'azmitni a'al bait And when she invited me to her house
        Ma a'aad aalbi yithadda. I can not calm my heart.

Ya karm illi kont tayeb iw haaliii O' grapevine that were excellent and sweet.
        Ayaam ilhawa ilhilwaih Wa haaliiiiiiiy. The days of sweet passion and myself.
        Tara mean yir-aaaf Ib halak iw haali. Wondering who take care of you and me.
        Iw nirjaa' mitil ma kinna sawaah. And return back to the way we were together, ha.

Ya wail waili, ya wail waili, Woe unto me, woe unto me,
        Ya wail waili, ya waili, ya waili, Woe unto me, O' my distress, O' my distress.
        Yay, yay, yah haaaay Yay, Yay, Yah Haaaay.

Ya tayr illi bitsalitni. O' bird that you guide me.
        Baa'mail bilshams imshaweer. I make picnics with the sun.
        Ya tayr illi bitsalitni. O' bird that you guide me.
        Baa'mail bilshams imshaweer. I make picnics with the sun.

Sallimli a'alhilwaih ikteer Say sincere hello to the sweet.
        In kannak maraiaa min hadda. If you were walking close to her.

Ya ijbaal ila'ali la-hidda. I will tear down the high mountains.

Comment

A love song as the opening theme for a game called "Warlords"

The music sounds more appropriate than the lyrics.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Very war-like.

Originally posted by LordShiva
            A love song as the opening theme for a game called "Warlords"

The music sounds more appropriate than the lyrics.
            Consider, he is about to tear down mountains for his love. Rather Trojan war-like.
            Last edited by Tattila the Hun; July 31, 2006, 08:10.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Very war-like.

Consider, he is about to tear down mountains for his love. Rather Trojan war-like.
              "I make picnics in the sun"

Genghis Khan: I like this place. I make picnics in the sun.
              Chinese: Please do not walk on the grass.
              Genghis: Arrghh

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

"I make picnics in the sun"

Genghis Khan: I like this place. I make picnics in the sun.
                Chinese: Please do not walk on the grass.
                Genghis: Arrghh
                Hahahaha
                - Dregor

Comment

You pay way more attention to the music than I do!!

The opening movie song is okay, but I am not thrilled with the movie itself, so that afffects my appreciation of the music.

The main menu song is wrong because it is not Baba Yetu. I have not had a piece of music stick in my head like that one in a very long time. I may fiddle around and see if I can re-insert Baba Yetu as the menu song. I used to dawdle abouot menu choices just to hear a few more bars of that song.

Era music seemed improved. I don't know about titles and such, nor have I checked my impression per era. I would like a wider choice for each era. I play Marathon and spend a while in each era, especially when dithering over what to do next. I dislike it when a song repeats during one play session.

The best improvement musically is that they don't sudenly break it when going to some of the menus. It is really annoying if I have the sond cranked up a bit o enjoy some piece and suddenly I've got nothing but city noises blaring at me. It was especially annoying when I set it to play a custom folder file and it kept interupting vocals. That is really noticeable, especially when someone is interupted in mid syllable.

So, other than Baba Yetu, I like the music a little better. And I like the new leader music, too. It may be a while before I switch back to Winamp in the background.
                  If you aren't confused,
                  You don't understand.

Comment

Baba Yetu for a "Warlords"-themed menu wouldn't be right.

WarCraft 2's (or even 1's) music, and AoE 1's, was good warmonger music.

Comment

am i really the only person who absolutely hates the baba yetu? I turned the music of in civ4 just so i don't have to listen to THAT while deciding on the map and leader to play... and most often i'm to lazy to switch it on when in the game

i know i should have just replaced it, but too lazy

warlords menu music:

Comment

I don't mind Baba Yetu much. It feels civish, so it works. I hate the modern era song about how the people are the heroes.
                        - Dregor

Comment

I like it, but more wife absolutely hates it. I left the game up in the main menu one day while I walked the dog or something and she ended up listening to Baba Yetu for about 20 minutes straight. She apparently feels this is akin to being in hell.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You know, I'd like to see the return of the Civ2 soundtrack. A couple of tracks could be annoying, but I absolutely loved most of them, especially:

Opening Cutscene/Menu music
                            Narvest of the Nile
                            Midgard
                            Genghis Khan
                            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by dregor
                              I don't mind Baba Yetu much. It feels civish, so it works. I hate the modern era song about how the people are the heroes.
                              Aww man, that's one of my favorites.
                              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X