Warlords Now Available! Warlords SCREENSHOT Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlords Now Available! Warlords SCREENSHOT Thread

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for the award-winning game that has become an instant world-wide hit. Paying homage to some of history's greatest military leaders, the expansion will deliver six unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their new powerful "warlord" unit. Civ IV: Warlords will include new civilizations, leaders, units, and wonders that will offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization's military power as they strive for world domination.

Warlords – A new great person type called the Warlord will be an indispensable asset to any player bent on world domination.

Vassal States – You no longer need to obliterate an enemy to defeat them. Conquer your enemies and subjugate them to your rule.

Game Scenarios – The expansion will deliver six new historical scenarios spanning Alexander's conquests through Genghis Khan's dominance of Asia, in addition to other scenarios that challenge the way that you currently play the game.

New Civilizations – Six new civilizations will be included, giving you even more options when planning your domination of the world.

Civilization Leaders – Ten new leaders will be provided, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.

Leader Traits – In addition to the many existing leader traits in Civilization IV, two new leader traits accompany the expansion.

New Wonders – There will be three new awe-inspiring wonders, all contributing new benefits and culture to your civilization.

Unique Buildings – Players will now be able to construct buildings unique to each civilization.

Units, Resources, and Improvements – Many new items not available in the core game will be introduced in the new scenarios.

Core Game Tweaks and Additions – Expanded features and gameplay tweaks will be made to the core game.

Post-Release Patches and Game Upgrades – The pack will contain all of the patches and game additions (pit boss, etc.) yet released for Sid Meier's Civilization IV.
    Last edited by MarkG; July 27, 2006, 03:57.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Picked mine up at EB Games in Henderson, NV on Tuesday afternoon (July 25). I'm still working on a satisfying huge marathon (noble) game, so I haven't played it yet.

Should have known better than to start a new game within a few days of Warlords' release.

EDIT: My condolences, Mark. (Now a screenshot thread, not a "post when you get the game" thread)
    Last edited by Jaybe; July 27, 2006, 04:21.

Comment

i managed to miss the other we had (no coffee yet...)

please use this thread for warlords screenshots
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Grampa Troll's screenshot thread is far better. FAR BETTER!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If there is a particular screen people would like to see, I'll do my best tonight when I get home.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Yin, I think most people already saw the screen they most wanted to see from you (namely involving something with a box and an English Muffin ).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Yin, I think most people already saw the screen they most wanted to see from you (namely involving something with a box and an English Muffin ).
                Well, then, my job here is done!
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

A repost from my Warlords review, just because it's one of my favorite ever screenshots:

Comment

Swarmmmm! That there is a lot of tanks (and cities, how?? )
                    - Dregor

Comment

A long, aggressive game with good warmongering and trying to use AI-vs-AI wars to the best of my advantage resulted in that .

Comment

Man, Civ IV is the greatest game ever. I can't wait to go home and resume my current game. *contented sigh*

Comment

Well, I picked the game up on Thursday-and what I will say is THIS: I agree with Solver and Gamespy that it COULD have been so much more (especially for AU$50), but I still can't escape the fact that (a) it is still sufficiently different from Vanilla to make it worth getting and (b) that I guess it was unrealistic to expect too much this soon after the original game was released (what is it? 8-9 months now?) Personally, I would have rather waited an extra 3-4 months in order to get LOADS more additions-but hopefully the NEXT expansion will be like that (sort of how Conquests was compared to Play the World).
                          Anyway, my biggest thing is the new traits, leaders AND the Unique Buildings. The Egyptians have suddenly become a VERY powerful civ if you are into Building-particularly Rameses. That Obelisk just can't be underestimated. Also, the protective trait REALLY forces diplomacy on you. I was right next to Korea, and was thinking of taking them down, but one look at their city garrison disabused me of that notion . Anyway, I will provide you a couple of screenshots ASAP.

Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Ummm, they missed one!

Tom P.

Comment

yes. I know that this image is a little dim because the Malinese empire is still shrouded by the fog of war for me, but look at the great wall that the malinese built. specifically, look at how it cuts across a segment of the ocean... that surpised me.
                              Attached Files
                              In a minute there is time
                              For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
                              - T. S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X