So what's with Stables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's with Stables

I saw a mention about Stables in a post/review awhile back and I'm wondering if they did in fact make it into the game. And if so what do they do? I'm still waiting for the stores in this area to get the XP in, it seems someone's been screwing up the the distribution. Two days now and no one has it yet.

+2 xp for muonted units in addition +3 from a baracks.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Cool! Now if only they would give aircraft some points with Airports.

Comment

aircraft don't get promotions, so it seems a bit useless.

Comment

I was disappointed when I made a stables as Carthage and it didn't give horses Starting with no horses anywhere at all on accessible bits of land in an archipelago sucks when your UU needs em.
          - Dregor

Comment

That would be pretty nice if stables granted you horses...

Comment

Possibly too nice, With the chariot's new bonus I can see any civs starting out without horses being dogpiled by neighbours with horses and bronze during the early game.

Edit: Well maybe not, but horseless civs will be easy picking compared to others.
              LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

I think that maybe stables should require horses to be built. What sense is there in building one when you don't have any horses to stable? Do you rest and water your Praetorians there?
                - Dregor

Comment

Originally posted by dregor
                  What sense is there in building one when you don't have any horses to stable? Do you rest and water your Praetorians there?
                  Use them to incubate Great Prophets? [/nativity scene]

Comment

Capture wolves and have wolf riders?
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by dregor
                      I think that maybe stables should require horses to be built. What sense is there in building one when you don't have any horses to stable? Do you rest and water your Praetorians there?
                      War Elephants. Camels.

Comment

I've seen complaints in other threads about horse archer and cossacks being weakened. If you factor in the stables, though, cavalry units across the board get strengthened. This seems to reinforce the historical idea that cavalry units are your elite force drawn from the upper class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mergle

War Elephants. Camels.
                          Touche ;P
                          - Dregor

Comment

I think that horses should be horse storage units where when you get horses they fill up. If you loose horses you can produce x number of mounted units before they run out. That might be too powerful though. Perhaps a wonder instead?

Comment

Or maybe a mounted unit can stop by a stable and spend x amount of turns their building up experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X