Second Leaders? The Final Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Leaders? The Final Solution

So my Omega Expansion thread is getting bulky, and I went to trim the fat, so to speak. This poll is meant to settle who the Apolyton community really want in the form of second leaders in Civ so that I can trim down the Omega petition to its most salient elements. Vote for however many you wish (or maybe just 4, as that is the likely number for an expansion).
    Arabs (Harun al-Rashid or Abu Bakr)
    9.09%
    Aztecs (Cuauhtemoc)
    5.68%
    Carthaginians (Hamilcar or Dido)
    2.84%
    Celts (Boudicca)
    6.82%
    Greeks (Pericles)
    17.05%
    Incans (Atahualpa or Pachacuti)
    3.41%
    Japanese (Meiji)
    13.07%
    Koreans (Yi Sun-sin)
    2.84%
    Malinese (Sundiata Keita)
    2.27%
    Ottomans (Suleiman or Osman)
    6.25%
    Persians (Darius or Xerxes)
    14.77%
    Spanish (Philip II)
    9.66%
    Scandinavians (Cnut or Gustavus Adolphus)
    5.11%
    Zulus (Cetewayo)
    1.14%
    Last edited by Alexander I; July 18, 2006, 13:36.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

I voted for Japan, Greeks, Spanish and Persians. I also might consider the Arabs or Ottomans for a second spot if the resources were available.
    Last edited by monkspider; July 18, 2006, 13:56.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I voted for the Celts cause I'm Scottish and... well, I'm Scottish.

Tom P.
      ( and not very original)

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
        I voted for the Celts cause I'm Scottish and... well, I'm Scottish.

Tom P.
        ( and not very original)
        My voting rational was along those lines....I guess very few Aztecs use them forums.
        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Boudica. She only ruled for a few years. It's like putting Sparticus in the game. I did vote for a new leader for Carthage.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Arabs. They were a pretty large part of history and are only represented by one leader. A second leader that plays very differenly from Saladin would be nice.
            - Dregor

Comment

I think the following leaders are essential if for no other reason than that they would offer leaders that would play very differently than their counterparts already in the game:
              Pericles
              Meiji
              Phillip II/Carlos V (my personal preference)
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

This poll is invalid

Seriously, I don't want any of these leaders. I've been disenfranchised. Alexander01, are you sure you're not Saddam Hussein surfing from his cell?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

While I'm not a fan of new leaders I would hope that if the Celts are getting another one that Brian Boru would be in with a shot.
                  LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by dregor
                    Arabs. They were a pretty large part of history and are only represented by one leader. A second leader that plays very differenly from Saladin would be nice.

Well, some would say that Arabs are all the same anyway.

Comment

I want Leonidas for the Greeks.

Comment

I agree with LordShiva (not about the Saddam part). I don't really care for any of those leaders. I just voted for Carthage because they look like a good civ and I would like to have a different leader for them.
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David

Well, some would say that Arabs are all the same anyway.
                          Some would also probably get a temporary ban from moderators :P
                          - Dregor

Comment

The more leaders the better, I say. Different combinations of leader traits combined with each civ's UU, UB, and starting techs make for added replayability, more choices, and more depth of the game. Unfortunately, they also add more time-consuming leaderhead animations for Firaxis.
                            "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              This poll is invalid

Seriously, I don't want any of these leaders....
                              I'm pretty sure the leaders listed were just examples. The question on the poll says: "Which Civs TRULY need a 2nd Leader?", not "Which leaders should be in the game?"

I picked the Greeks, Ottomans, Arabs, and Persians.
                              "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X