No announcement yet.

Custom Slow Gamespeed, Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The file is GameSpeedInfos.xml in the Assets folder, be sure to fix the culture file as well otherwise all civs will acheive legendary culture on the first turn.

See this thread in creation:

I'd recommend adding a larger map. It makes it more "realistic", i.e. you just got Bronze Working, there's nothing but barbs nearby, to get missionaries to that other civ you have to run the barbarians gauntlet. Nice!

Turn 700 and it's only 650 BC - Sweet!

Comment

Hello All,
      Are you guys really sure you known what you are asking?

Ican't remember which encarnation of Civ that I tried something similar with. Everything is related. Tech, unit and buildings are all related with turn speed. If it isn't balanced properly, disaster strikes.

You might find that you either don't have enough money, or that you don't have anything to build.
      Flash
      Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
      the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

Increasing research time while leaving other things alone shouldn't hurt it too badly, if you like having REALLY long games and lots of units... more RTSy
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It makes research worth far, far less than shields. Therefore the best strategy would be just go 0% science to support a large empire to support lots of production so you can overwhelm your opponents before they reach any tech.

Comment

I think that is a rather dramatic oversimplification I certainly think 4x research is a bit, er, slow, but it doesn't justify 0% tech... that wouldn't be productive on any level. However lowering tech as much as necessary to support whatever army you can build makes sense; you certainly need certain early techs, though.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              It makes research worth far, far less than shields. Therefore the best strategy would be just go 0% science to support a large empire to support lots of production so you can overwhelm your opponents before they reach any tech.
              That's why it's also useful to create a larger map size. More time AND more room balances quite well.

In response to Flash, that is a concern. However, if all costs (science,building, units, etc.) are increased by the same amount then this problem doesn't occur.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                I think that is a rather dramatic oversimplification I certainly think 4x research is a bit, er, slow
                Not 4x, 31x.

Comment

Working...
                X