Custom Slow Gamespeed, Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Slow Gamespeed, Need help

I am making a custom game speed, it's incredably slow, but the purpose is simply to keep most of the game in a single era. For instance, reashearch might take 3000% (1/10th the speed of Marathon) but the unit building and buildings take the same amount of time. But for later eras, is there a way to get the turns to take months instead of years?

There is .

With 3000% research, you might just as well disable it, though. You're looking at a couple hundred of turns for a tech, with fast research.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      There is .

With 3000% research, you might just as well disable it, though. You're looking at a couple hundred of turns for a tech, with fast research.
      Well I am also changing the turns so that there are approximatly 12000 turns...

So how do I make turns take months?

Comment

I'd say if I remembered . There was a TURNTIMER_MONTHLY or similar setting... somewhere.

12000 turns, though? I gotta admite that hardcoreness!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          I'd say if I remembered . There was a TURNTIMER_MONTHLY or similar setting... somewhere.

12000 turns, though? I gotta admite that hardcoreness!
          Well hopefully it wouldn't take the entire 12000 turns to win the game. Though I'm not completly sure of the number or turns or the reashearch %, but they will be relative to eachother.

Comment

Do you have any idea of which file it's in? I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

It may be in gamespeedinfo (under gameinfo) by changing yearincrement to monthincrement. It is also possible to make weeks.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Hmm... You think that'll work? I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks.

Nope that doesn't work. With weeks or months.

Comment

Nope, that's not it. I just took a look at some XML files, and can't find where it was still...

Comment

Try posting on the creation and files forum.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I found some wierd "Weeks_Per_Month" thing but it didn't seem to have any function, it was in Global Defines.

Comment

Any answer on this yet?
                        I'd like to slow this game down too.

On Marathon:
                        15 years pass per turn
                        Units build in 5-15 turns
                        Buildings build in 20-30 turns
                        Research takes 10-20 turns.

I'd like it to be 1 year per turn
                        Unit build times remain the same
                        Buildings build times remain the same
                        Research takes 4 times longer 40-80 turns.

Comment

I've always wanted to do this too. I think that in order t represent a more realistic picture of historical advancement that eras should last alot longer. If you get this to work well please let me know how you did it. I haven't tried any modding yet, but this sounds like something i'd like to try.

Comment

To figure out how to do it monthly, check out one of the mods that does it monthly, like RTW or whatnot. I think you just specify it when you specify how many years each turn takes, but it's been a while.

If you want each turn to take a year, then you have all turns (however many) set to 1 year in the gamespeed excel file.

What you're asking, shinyhalo, is rather simpler than what they're talking about above. Just copy the marathon fields over into a new one, name it differently, and then give it values appropriate to how you want them relative to marathon. When I get home i'll try to look at this if i remember...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Slowmod: marathon with 1 year per turn and 4x slower research rate than normal marathon. Starts in 4000 bc.

Slowmod0: same as Slowmod but starts at 0 bc.

I set them both for 1500 turns; you could set them for more if you want. Just open the xml file in /assets/xml/gameinfo/gamespeedinfo.xml and see towards the bottom of Marathon, it says MonthsPerTurn 12 and then has 1500 for the number of turns at that increment; just increase that number however you want.

The game start year is set in the other xml file (only present in slowmod0). Integer only is accepted, negative = BC positive=AD.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X