No announcement yet.

My Lord, the people grow fat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not just clams, pigs too. Judaism is in the game, pigs and clams are in the game, Judaism has a stance in the real world to pigs and clams so it doesn't feel wholly inappropriate to joke about an imagined relationship in the game world. It's about poking fun at the simulation, not the religion. Really, not the funniest joke, but please don't take yourself so seirously.

An iron deposit popped up in the home tile too so that did good things for it's production.

The second city was great for production which was my big worry on getting the first one. The third city was two gold on a river and four tiles of flood plain, also a corn.

In the end though, Cyrus became hugely powerful, a vast empire, and while he followed my Confucian creed he got Islam, spread it through his whole (massive) empire and then crushed me. Bah.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
      But how many clams can a person really eat?

Buy me a huge bowl of cioppino and I'll show you.
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Nice city. I'd rather have that as a secondary city, though, 'cause it's low on production. But then again I suppose one could make extensive use of the whip to counter that...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David
          A warrior as first build choice, is that really wise?
          I always start with a warrior as first choice so that a barbarian does not destroy my empire before it even started...

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be

I always start with a warrior as first choice so that a barbarian does not destroy my empire before it even started...
            Second this on Noble or above. Also mutes temptation for the Inca and his fast warrior.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah. Worker first can work, but warrior first is usually better.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho
                Yeah. Worker first can work, but warrior first is usually better.
                I'm not a fan of building workers until I get to at least size 2 and usually 3.

Depending on your starting techs, workers often have little to do that early in the game. On top of that, it slows your capital's growth quite a bit.

Comment

But if you're city is fast to expand anyway (like in this position), and you are rich enough to expand by building workers and settlers, you really do get a GIGANTIC advantage over your rivals, as you can easily cut them off from resources and basically destroy them before they can get a settler out of their first city.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                    But if you're city is fast to expand anyway (like in this position), and you are rich enough to expand by building workers and settlers, you really do get a GIGANTIC advantage over your rivals, as you can easily cut them off from resources and basically destroy them before they can get a settler out of their first city.
                    The city isn't actuall fast to expand when the screen shot is taken, China has neither animal husbandry, agriculture or fishing. It will be fast to expand, but right now, there are very few tiles it can even work.
                    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X