Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis to Include Nelson Mandela and Fidel Castro in Next XP?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis to Include Nelson Mandela and Fidel Castro in Next XP?!

Over at CFC, Firaxis member Alexman is conducting a poll as to whether Civ should include only "deserving" leaders such as
    "All leaders currently in Civ4, Gilgamesh of Sumeria, Justinian I of the Byzantine Empire, Pacal the Great of the Maya, Willem van Oranje of the Netherlands, Charlemagne of the Holy Roman Empire, Hammurabi of Babylon, Zara Yakob of Ethiopia, John II of Portugal, Suryavarman II of Khmer, Darius of Persia, Pericles of Greece, Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottomans, Tuthmosis III of Egypt, Harun al-Rashid of Arabia, Abraham Lincoln of the Americans, Alara of Nubia"

or if they should include "famous but not necessarily deserving leaders: Joan of Arc of France, Sitting Bull of the Sioux, Geronimo of the Apache, William Wallace of Scotland, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Fidel Castro, Nelson Mandela, Queen Hippolyte of the Amazons, King Arthur."

I urge everyone who has a CFC account to go over there and vote for deserving leaders only.

Question: If you were put in charge of picking the leaders to be included in a future Civilization game, would you pick purely historic figures that "deserve" to be in the game, or would you pick a mix of historic figures AND other famous leaders, even if those leaders were not really in charge...

That aside, I think their list of deserving leaders could be a clue as to what new civs/leaders we should expect in future XPs if all the slots aren't taken by the likes of Ronald Reagan and King Arthur.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Meh, your deserving leader is my undeserving leader and vice versa.

Sounds like they use deserving as a synonym for 'warlike' almost.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Better yet, why not add Adolf Hitler?

Comment

I do believe, that if a leader can be caricaturized easily, he would make a good addition.

And, I'm thinking Chairman Mao has Adolf beaten in deathtoll... Of course, those were just chinese, so nobody cares.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Re: Firaxis to Include Nelson Mandela and Fidel Castro in Next XP?!

Originally posted by monkspider
          or if they should include "famous but not necessarily deserving leaders: Joan of Arc of France, Sitting Bull of the Sioux, Geronimo of the Apache, William Wallace of Scotland, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Fidel Castro, Nelson Mandela, Queen Hippolyte of the Amazons, King Arthur."

Trashy.

These leaderheads would be good for specific scenarios, though.

Hmm, I wonder what an apartheid South Africa scenario would be like. The 'black side' led by Nelson Mandela could wage guerilla warfare against the white supremacists while the international community cheers them on?

Comment

Out of all those leaders the only ones I belive are deseving to get in civ are: Justinian I, Willem van Oranje, Charlemagne, Lincoln, and Ronald Reagan. Some other leaders I think should be in civ are: Constintine the Great, Napoleon III, Henry V, and King Solomon or David.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Sorry monkspider, I voted mixed. After I did, the tally was TIED at 25 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Autotropx Sox
                Better yet, why not add Adolf Hitler?
                I would not want to let a lot of the venom-spewing idiots in the Gamespy Lobby get even more excited by letting them play Hitler. I see nothing good coming out of that.
                Last edited by MasterDave; July 7, 2006, 15:51.
                "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Next XP?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave

I would not want to let a lot of the venom-spewing idiots in the Gamespy Lobby get even more excited by letting them play Hitler. I see nothing good coming out of that.
                    YEAH!!! I GET TO PLAY HITLER!!! 1337 PAWN!!! I SPIT VENOM AT YOU!!!

Sorry, what I meant was, in the history of warring leaders, Hitler is near the top of the list. Why not include him in a war themed expansion?

Comment

Honestly, if Mao, Genghis, and Stalin are in, there's no reason to exclude Hitler.

Comment

Please don't turn this into yet another Hitler-or-not thread.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          Please don't turn this into yet another Hitler-or-not thread.
                          Agreed.

Tell us your thoughts on this subject Solver.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think my thoughts on Hitler as a Civ leader are known here .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Bill Clinton in Civ?!

Over my crashed nVidia graphics card!
                              "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
                              "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
                              "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
                              X