No announcement yet.

Basic game speed question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon is a lot easier, in my opinion. It accentuates the players advantages over the AI (conducting warfare, exploration), and is a lot more forgiving towards player mistakes - in Normal, if you forget to switch to Representation for 10 turns after finishing the Pyramids, you've lost a significant amount of turn advantage, in Marathon it's not such a big deal in the long run. My first Noble win was on Marathon.

Comment

I started playing epic so I could use Preatorians before they expire.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
        Usually when I play a marathon game I use the World Builder just to give each player a certain number of cities, just to get the game moving, because I agree that the beginning is unneccesarily tedious, but in the middle, it gets really fun.

If anyone can make a mod where, if Normal = 100:

Units =100
        Buildings = 150
        Techs = 200

Or something along the lines of units being not so costly, buildings being a bit more, and techs taking a while to research, in order for units from a certain era to actually have an impact.
        I made a gamespeed once that was essentially...

Units = 100
        Buildings = 100
        Techs = 300

Essentially, tech research was the same as Marathon, everything else was Normal - well, there were a few variables that differ between the gamespeeds that I left the same as on Marathon, but I can't remember what they were.

It was a very interesting game, but you spend a LOT of time building units or gold/research/culture - I'd say a good 80% of the game there was nothing else I could build at most of my cities. I got a spaceship victory in the 1100s.

Comment

Working...
        X