Is the "heal" command bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "heal" command bugged?

I use the "heal" command a lot, since I'm too easily distracted to keep track of turns myself. But I think the unit sits too long sometimes. Several times I've hovered my mouse over a healing unit to find it has full hitpoints. When I click the unit, I can move it, but it doesn't wake up on its own.

Never had that problem, is it sitting at something like 2.0 out of 2? If so, it's not quite at full health but it is very, very close.
    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I hardly use the button. I alwys use the space bar incase I need the unit for other duties

it takes lomger to heal in enemy territory

not to sure if terrain makes a difference
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

What I noticed is that if you heal a stack of units, those that are not damaged just fortify. So your freshly healed units wake up, but those that were undamaged never will.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
          Never had that problem, is it sitting at something like 2.0 out of 2? If so, it's not quite at full health but it is very, very close.
          /me smacks his forehead.
          That's it, thanks!

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
          I hardly use the button. I alwys use the space bar incase I need the unit for other duties
          I do that if I'm on a hill and can see whether a panther is passing by; otherwise, a few turns of being fortified may be just enough to save my unit.

Comment

2.0 out of 2 is not full?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              2.0 out of 2 is not full?
              The game shows only shows tenths, but figures results to hundreths since combat damage is based on % of full health. I have seen units live with what is shown as 0.0 strength remaining.
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Do units heal if you space them? I thought they had to be fortified.

Comment

Originally posted by Azuarc

Do units heal if you space them? I thought they had to be fortified.
                  Units heal if they don't move. Except those with March promotion, which heal every turn.

Comment

Do they heal the turn you fortify them? If not, if you just want a quick heal for a few hit points, it might be better to space than fortify?

Comment

Originally posted by clinton
                      Do they heal the turn you fortify them? If not, if you just want a quick heal for a few hit points, it might be better to space than fortify?
                      If they don't move, they heal, even on the turn you fortify them.

There's really no advantage to hitting space over fortifying the unit, except that then you don't have to worry about forgetting to move it next turn.

Comment

Can a unit that moved heal if it doesn't have March but was in the same stack as a unit with the Medic promotion?
                        IOU One sig file

Comment

Originally posted by LTD
                          Can a unit that moved heal if it doesn't have March but was in the same stack as a unit with the Medic promotion?
                          My understaning is that Medic makes healing faster, so if there is no healing there is nothing to speed up, ie, no.
                          www.neo-geo.com

Comment

The clarification you need is that March only affects the unit and not the stack.

Comment

A unit will heal and fortify as long as it doesn't move.

There's no difference in using the heal, fortify, sentry, or skip turn commands for the purposes of healing and fortifying.
                              The unit will heal and fortify every turn it doesn't move regardless of which command was given to it.

The difference comes only in when the unit will wake up.
                              Skip turn - wakes next turn.
                              Heal - wakes when healed.
                              Sentry - wakes when enemy near.
                              Fortify - never wakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X