Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about civics, diplomacy, improvements, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NFIH

Sigh. I'm third out of 11 in power right now. I share the same religion as four other civs. I'm being attacked by Isabella--who is coming across two other civs (who don't share her religion) to get me. WTF? Alexander has now joined in to attack me. I can't get anyone to even consider a request to attack either Isabella or Alexander--and three of those I've asked are either friendly or pleased toward me and share my religion. Everything is redded out. Game over.
    Isabella is a bit crazy, especially if you don't have the same religion as her. If she decides she doesn't like you for some reason, she will attack. And Alexander is an Aggresive leader after all, he just likes to scrap. If he sees a good opportunity to wage war, he won't hestitate.

As for other civs not helping, being Friendly towards you isn't enough, they also have to dislike the civ you want them to attack. Otherwise the best you can expect is for them to stay more or less neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by NFIH
      I play with random personalities since I play against random civs, so I'm not sure who is who. But I just assume the usual suspects are the usual suspects--Monty will attack on turn 2, Isabella soon after, etc.
      Well that's part of your problem right there. If you're using random personalities, you might end up with Montezuma's tendencies when playing against Ghandi. There's no way to predict reactions if you're using that setting.

WTF? We share the same religion, we're pleased and I'm not even allowed to offer terms to get her to do something for her? How's that? Is there some secret I'm missing to at least getting the redded out crap removed? Because if I'm already bosom buddies with her, I really don't know what else I can do.)
      Like I said, it's not enough that a civ likes you, they also have to dislike the other civ. Another factor is in how powerful they are in comparison to your enemy. If Isabella's forces stike fear into the hearts of the English, they're not going be to too willing to join with you. Again, keep an eye on your power graph. If the civ you're trying to enlist is much weaker than your enemy, your chances of convincing them to join your side will be lower.

Comment

Working...
      X