No news is good news, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    However, we have to face the truth - it's hard to do good x-packs for Civ games. Can the Civ4 x-pack break the x-pack curse?
    ... Tune in next time and find out!

Tom P.

Comment

You can be sure I'll tell it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

If you have vanilla why would you wait for a complete package?
        There will probably be another expansion, so I'll wait until they are not only bundled together, but in the bargain bin.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Basing that or anything or just a guess?

In either case, missing out on the period of discovery and buzz about a new game just to save a few pennies is not a good choice imo. But then I really like comparison games.

Comment

Spike, what civ game beside Civ1(which didn't have any) have had only one XP?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well that's my question. Is it that or is there an announcement I didn't see?

Comment

I asked rhetoric, but okay:

Civ1: No XP
                Civ2: Several XPs(don't remember them all, but I think it was 3 or something?)
                Civ3: Two XPs
                Civ4: ???
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

For the third time: is it that or has there been an announcement?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean? There's only one announced XP if that is what you're asking, but that's hardly relevant for this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      I asked rhetoric, but okay:

Civ1: No XP
                      Civ2: Several XPs(don't remember them all, but I think it was 3 or something?)
                      Civ3: Two XPs
                      Civ4: ???
                      I don't think you can really compare Civ2 to Civ3, as Civ2 had much longer "shelf life" (due to there being no Civ3 for many years) and the XPs for Civ2 were more the case of repackaging the same product rather than expansion packs in the classic sense.

I expect there will be at least 2-3 expansion packs for Civ4 - unlike Civ3, Civ4 has been widely accepted in Civ community and is considered by most to be the best game of the series, so they won't be under that much of a pressure to make Civ5 as they were with making Civ4.
                      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                      - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

... Tune in next time and find out!

Tom P.

tune in here and get a +1
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

btw there is XP professional addition

+2
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            I'm not sure what you mean? There's only one announced XP if that is what you're asking, but that's hardly relevant for this discussion.
                            Yes it is - I can make guesses myself based on history. My response to Bkeela was asking whether his post was a guess or based on something that had been formally announced. Thus your helpful posts (which just repeated a possible and sensible justification for a guess) weren't actually that helpful.

Comment

But what exactly can Firaxis put into an expansion pack that is not already in Civ 4 or Warlords?

The only reason to make a new game in a series altogether is because you are completely changing the game that came before it. There doesn't seem to be much that Firaxis can throw in, unless they are craftly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                                But what exactly can Firaxis put into an expansion pack that is not already in Civ 4 or Warlords?
                                Well, if Warlords, as name says is focused on war aspects of gameplay (both in epic and scenario games), maybe some new expansion would have different focus.

Religion, diplomacy, better space race, something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X