No announcement yet.

Tech trading before Alphabet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the same way with trading maps... if one of the players has paper, the option for map trading seems to be available. The same goes for tech trading... though I haven't been convinved this happens with gold trading, yet.

Comment

Yeah, it happened like twice more right after I asked. I guess just so long as one side has the ability then it's open. This diminishes the usefulness of hoarding Alphabet too much. Still valid but as soon as one AI gets it you can slack off a bit.

Has anyone started to trade with an AI and been able to trade Alphabet when you didn't have it? If not then this is a pretty big AI exploit. I'll look tonight.

Tom P.

Comment

The problem with that is that the AI cheats by knowing exactly when you get Alphabet, and is then able to trade maps with you...

If you wanted to do the same, you would have to check back into EVERY AI's technology pool EVERY turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
          The problem with that is that the AI cheats by knowing exactly when you get Alphabet, and is then able to trade maps with you...

If you wanted to do the same, you would have to check back into EVERY AI's technology pool EVERY turn.
          Or just check the Diplomacy Advisor tech screen each turn, which is something I usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah This diminishes the usefulness of hoarding Alphabet too much. Still valid but as soon as one AI gets it you can slack off a bit.
            Tom P.
            Yes and no.

I still find it valuable to get first and hold on to as long as possible. The AI seems slow in getting alphabet, so it is worth it IMO.

You just really need to maximise the advantage while you have it, and extract as much from them as possible.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

if u open the diplomacy overview u will see in the first turns "no tech trading alowed" and once somebody discovered it, the available techs will show up. Its really only one button away.

Yes, u can delay alphabet and get it from an AI, but since they take their time to research it, and then ask a unreasonable price for it, its better to get it yourself and profit of it.
              http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X