Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sumeria Project 2.0 Released! Has Firaxis Original Vision Finally Been Realized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monkeyspider
    Which do you prefer? Firaxis' original unit? Or my interpretation of the unit based of several precedents set by Firaxis in the current version of the game?
    Banana!
    Give it the same stats as praetorians, and then we'll be in business
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
      Here it is: The Vulture unit replaced the spearman with a bonus of being immune to first strikes.
      Although that was the final version we had before it was removed, originally it was a Spearman replacement with +1000% against Tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

Although that was the final version we had before it was removed, originally it was a Spearman replacement with +1000% against Tanks.
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Trip

Yeah baby!!
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

That's awesome...

In other news, since installing the "super" version, I've played a few games against our Sumerian friends. Gilgamesh has been the leading NPC in the games I've seen him. He's not extremely aggressive, per se, but he certainly seems well-rounded, with a slight penchant for expansion.

Comment

My apologies for gravedigging an old thread...I installed the "super" version of this mod months ago, and took my computer to a friend's house to visit, and showed him the game. After one game, he turned around and bought it (Mac version however) in the hopes we could play together. I can't synch up with him properly because of the Gilgamesh mod, even though I've removed the old custom assets folder.

When I get home, I can uninstall the whole game and then try again, but for now is there anything I can do?

Comment

All you should have to do is delete the custom assets folder and then hold shift while loading up the game to clear the cache. I had to do this myself to play with some friends.

Comment

Jeez. Forget Sumeria, I'd like to get my hands on those graphics...

Comment

Pls forgive dumb question from near-n00b, but will this mod work with the Warlords expansion? Or is it only for Civanilla?

(Can't wait to try it! Thanx monkspider! )
                    eigenaut the unready
                    nocte perdidi ad Civilis

Comment

It is only for Civanilla right now, i am considering doing a Warlords version soon though.

Comment

If I do a super install, will Sumeria possibly be selected if I have my leader set to random?

Comment

It is only for Civanilla right now, i am considering doing a Warlords version soon though.
                          Get to work!

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I sure hope they have Sumer/Babylon in that next expansion...
                            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                              I sure hope they have Sumer/Babylon in that next expansion...
                              Isn't that what you said for Warlords?
                              *Runs away before Alexander can unleash his wrath*

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                                Isn't that what you said for Warlords?
                                *Runs away before Alexander can unleash his wrath*
                                As a matter of fact, yes.

Oh, and wrath?
                                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                                X