combat help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nugog

Really, really annoying when that happens, or you try and move the cursor back over the unit, and they retreat, leaving your only iron mine unprotected
    I did this and my whole stack moved out of the city and attacked. They won so that parts OK but the next enemy unit just walked in and took the city. So I had to take it back.

THAT was annoying.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog
      A good way to get a feel for it is to hold right click over opposing units as this will display the combat odds and the contributing factors (terrain, promotions, natural unit abilities etc).
      I thought it was 'Alt'?

'Alt' works all the time for me. I stopped doing the right-click bit when I lost too many cities by leaving them for NO READILY APPARENT REASON!!

Sorry, I'm a bit shaken.

Tom P.

Comment

If you really want to understand the combat system here is a study by Solver on the math involved. WARNING!! It's not just add two numbers and roll the dice, it's complicated.

Tom P.

Comment

Yes, actually, what I initially posted there wasn't entirely correct, and ignored first strikes, but the first post is now updated with DeepO's comprehensive info, that pretty much covers the entire combat system. Note, I believe it is out-of-date as far as one change in 1.61 is concerned. But it should be way enough for most people .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
          X