Weird power graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird power graph

Could someone please explain to me, what the Egypts did a few years ago... seems like they all of the sudden almost doubled their power in one turn:

This space is empty... or is it?

Were they at war with purple?

Comment

Egypt might have been at war with India? If so, Egypt probably signed peace, gaining some heavy stuff for it. Such as getting several techs, which is quite serious for points.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nope, they were not at war with anyone

Comment

Would it show up in powergraph? Not in general score? Of course, if they got craploads of money, and then got a tech for maceman or something, and went for upgrading frenzy...

I would be nice to see some detailed info at the end of the game.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

To do that on the power graph they must have done a mass upgrade of a lot of obsolete units to something good. Did they just discover rifling perhaps?
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Not sure, could be... but I've never seen the AI do a mass-upgrade like that before

Comment

Their score went way up after Purple's went to zero. Maybe they built a bunch of cities on the improved ruins of Purple's?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That's a very rapid increase in score. Looks like over one turn.
                  Could Liberalism have had something to do with it?
                  Like Liberalism, free military tech, mass upgrade to grenades/cavalry.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Their score went way up after Purple's went to zero. Maybe they built a bunch of cities on the improved ruins of Purple's?
                    What I've seen of AI warfare, there ain't that much improvements left after conquest...
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Purple (India) was destroyed by me, and Egypt was nowhere near that place... though Russia spreaded like a wild fire, after I burned down those Indian cities

Comment

Then possibilities indeed include something like Liberalism + mass upgrade, or maybe they built two wonders on a turn... or one wonder, plus prophet, plus shrine.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          (...) or maybe they built two wonders on a turn... or one wonder, plus prophet, plus shrine.
                          But that shouldn't show up on the power graph, should it?

And no, they didn't build any wonders/shrines at that time

Comment

Maybe they discovered a new source of bananas...
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I wonder how much one (or two) of those Great Artists would have on the chart. ...like if they both culture-boosted a city.

Were they at war with anyone? ...and if so, is it possible that they took a city that had two or more wonders?

Does game score even include military power? I heard somewhere that it doesn't.
                              Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                              +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                              http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X