"City flipping"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "City flipping"

what makes a city "flip" to a neighbouring civ? Is it some calculation of the total culture in the two adjacent cities or?

I had conquered a city and to keep it from flipping I made a GA create a GW for 4000 culture, still after about 20 turns it flipped and I sat there baffled.

wtf?

Well, I've never tried that. Thanks for the tip. I normally put military forces in the city and build a library and university. But I do that partly for the culture and your city had 4000 points of culture.... How was your cultural output near that city? Usually, I try to keep my borders culturally powerful. Maybe it was in a culturally weak area for you?

Comment

Was it rioting?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Does the 4000 culture instantly put the cultural percentage to 100 or so? Or does it slowly rise? And what cities were adjacent? Capital with 50000 culture might flip a city with 4000...

I seem to recall, that basing 10 military units on a city prevents flipping for good.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Was it rioting?

Comment

Originally posted by armlessknight
            Actually, for once I was being serious
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

*Zoid slaps LordShiva around a bit with a large trout

Don´t ever try that again!
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                *Zoid slaps LordShiva around a bit with a large trout

Ouch! Whatever you say

Comment

Good boy!
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

the comment about what other cities were around is a good one. If the other person's capital, or a very powerful secondary city, it may be likely that's why. Also, how were the borders? If their borders surrounded that city on any side, it is more likely to rejoin its motherland once again. so there are factors.

but, i am surprised the great work did not, well, work. i did that once and the borders went out like you wouldn't believe with two other cities only some spaces away.
                    It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire.

Comment

There's a thread somewhere that outlines the math behind flipping cities. I think Locutus (sp?) provided the actual meat of the post, if that helps with searching.

Comment

Originally posted by LardSheepa

It's only a fleshwound!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                          There's a thread somewhere that outlines the math behind flipping cities. I think Locutus (sp?) provided the actual meat of the post, if that helps with searching.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                          X