IGN Reveals the Six Civs+MORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friends of palace screen

im glad there are some people who miss the palace. I mentioned it a while ago and got a bunch of replies about how it was useless window dressing. I liked the useless window dressing, its what got me absorbed enough to play civ 1 for 8-10 hours at a time.civ4 just doesnt seem to have the same staying power... bring back the age change mini movies too!

Comment

also something ive been thinking about for a while is an option to have a "civ classic rules" option in the game setup. It would keep the people who like things the way they are happy, and would be nice for people like myself who like caravans, diplomats, exploring oceans with triremes, and other such devious and clearly morally reprensible ways to cheat against unfeeling machines. It could be a simple option for all players to chose in a multiplayer perhaps. maybe can push for it to be in the next expansion after warlords?

Comment

Bringing back the palace would be really cool. I miss it from the game, and I know that it is all a bit of ego stroking, but I like being stroked.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog
          I like being stroked.

Don't we all.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            I'm from Latvia.

Mali, by the way, were one heckuva rich kingdom. One could argue that the Mali civilization has more historical importance than the Zulus... although the Zulus sure are a Civ tradition.
            They picked the wrong leader for Mali though. Mansu Masa ruined the kingdom with his wastrel spending on his hadj (though he kicked startd the rennaisance with all the gold). Sundiata was the one who built Mali and the treasure Masa spent.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, it's funny that Mansa Musa bankrupted the empire in a way. Then again, he was an interesting and generous leader, and he did make Timbuktu of great importance as far as scolarship goes.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan

One BIG question, though... what happens to these unique buildings after you conquer the city? Please, oh please, let us keep our victims' traits...
                My guess is that these buildings will get 1 culture point, which is reasonably logical, being unique and all. Therefore, when you take over a city, these buildings would disappear along with the other culture buildings.

Comment

Or they'd be converted to regular ones.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I would hope they get converted as most other stuff. Especially since they are replacing such things as Theatres and such.

That would nerf warmongering quite a bit. Everytime you take a city you have to spend 2000+ gold on rebuilding it. That's too much.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by camillah
                      That would nerf warmongering quite a bit. Everytime you take a city you have to spend 2000+ gold on rebuilding it. That's too much.
                      Tell me about it!
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

There are now 11 traits? That means there is room in the game for 55 different trait combos. Yay!
                        Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Working...
                        X