0.0/1 health and still kicking !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.0/1 health and still kicking !!

is this a documented thing, or just a really weird rounding issue?

It's just a rounding issue on your strength display, happens rarely.

Comment

It's a very, very rare rounding issue. Sometimes it takes the form of showing up as, say, 1.0/1 health.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

ah, k...

Comment

Solver, just admit it: This is really a feature from Warlords mistakenly added in 1.61, called the scrouge of the living dead.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yep. And Warlord units have a "activate undead" ability, which instantly summons every one of your dead units to fight for you.

Comment

Someone, somewhere is now writing the mod.....
              "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

What probably happened is the programmers typed:

< 0 instead of <=0

thereby saying that a unit dies when it's health is less than zero rather than less than or equal to 0. Very interesting.
                I don't know what I've been told!
                Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                Love to press the Buster Switch!
                Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Or it could be like the one in the know said.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

hmm... MoM 2 mod?

Comment

Civ4 doesn't even use a < 0 or <=0 statement to determine if a unit is dead, instead it checks if the damage done >= max. hit points.

Comment

However, if the unit has enough hit points, then being reduced to somewhere between 0 and 0.1 health could result in a display of 0.0.
                        Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Units have 100 hit points. Their health isn't the same as hit points. Obviously, for a Knight of str 10, 1 strength point = 10 hit points.

Comment

What probably happened is the programmers typed:

< 0 instead of <=0
                              No

Hit points are always rounded to the nearest 1/10's when displayed. So this unit had 0 < x < 0.05 HPs left. I've seen this thing earlier, in 1.00 release, and thought the explanation would be obvious for everyone who saw it in their game.

Solver: Could the programmers fix this by writing something like IF hp > 0 AND hp < 0.05 THEN DISPLAY <0.01 or something like that? I know pretty much nothing about the way cIV has been coded.

Comment

Working...
                              X