Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders, could you resist going to war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I frequently see Isabella with a city that is holy to two relgions. I like to take that one just before I get Philo. Three in one is nice.

Comment

I wouldn't resist. I'm a builder, but not dumb. Well, if either I had a ****ty economy at the time, not being financially able to hold them, or they had a kickass ally OTOH...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        I am pretty sure it's documented somewhere, because I definitely read it rather than worked it out for myself. I don't have the manual handy to see if it's in there... but as there's hardly any useful info in the manual it's most likely I read it on a forum somewhere.
        It isn't always the newest city. Last night I was playing Saladin and got CoL about 4 turns after I founded my 3rd city. Confucianism was founded in my 2nd city, though. Weird. If there's more than one city, it's never the capital IME. It's not always the newest city either. Perhaps population has something to do with it??

Comment

It's not strictly determined, it has a random element, but yes, population also has something to do with it. The SDK is your friend .

Code:
          for (pLoopCity = firstCity(&iLoop); pLoopCity != NULL; pLoopCity = nextCity(&iLoop))
          	{
          		if (!bStarting || !(pLoopCity->isHolyCity()))
          		{
          			iValue = 10;
          			iValue += pLoopCity->getPopulation();
          			iValue += GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(GC.getDefineINT("FOUND_RELIGION_CITY_RAND"), "Found Religion");

iValue /= (pLoopCity->getReligionCount() + 1);

if (pLoopCity->isCapital())
          			{
          				iValue /= 8;
          			}

iValue = max(1, iValue);

if (iValue > iBestValue)
          			{
          				iBestValue = iValue;
          				pBestCity = pLoopCity;
          			}
          		}
          	}

if (pBestCity != NULL)
          	{
          		GC.getGameINLINE().setHolyCity(eReligion, pBestCity, true);

if (GC.getReligionInfo(eReligion).getFreeUnitClass() != NO_UNITCLASS)
          		{
          			eFreeUnit = ((UnitTypes)(GC.getCivilizationInfo(getCivilizationType()).getCivilizationUnits(GC.getReligionInfo(eReligion).getFreeUnitClass())));

if (eFreeUnit != NO_UNIT)
          			{
          				initUnit(eFreeUnit, pBestCity->getX_INLINE(), pBestCity->getY_INLINE());
          			}
          		}
          	}
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver, I think your code has messed up the layout
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Good job, Sherlock
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Anyone who said yes, could you resist going to war with a country who has 20 cities all next to yours, 1 warrior is the only military, you have Tanks, and all the cities are surrounded by towns and farms and such, and they would make you insane amounts of money, and you are furious with the other nation, could you go to war and take atleast 1 city before declation peace?

Sorry, I got a little carried away...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Solver, I think your code has messed up the layout
                  Get a larger monitor .

Comment

1280x800 is somewhat big, but I still has a scroll bar goint to the left here.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

What kind of a resolution is 1280x800 ?

Comment

It's a wide screen format. It's what happens when you feed your monitor too many MacDonald's SuperSize meals.

(Oh no, I am slipping into spam style replies.)(I think I will go get myself slapped by Catherine again.)
                        If you aren't confused,
                        You don't understand.

Comment

Ok...

Can someone tell me what that code means?

If it isn't your most recent city (which is what it seems to be for me) then where does it get founded?
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            What kind of a resolution is 1280x800 ?
                            I have a laptop with a 15.4" screen IIRC, a widescreen.

Comment

That's not very wide.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

"It's not the size of the [screen] that matters, it's what you do with it."
                                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X