Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Who's Idea Was it to Have Nimoy do the Voiceovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For voicework ?
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      For voicework ?
      Um. Yeah, sure.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
        I have two words for this thread. They are:

Jenna, and

Jameson.

I have two words for you:

Butt and

Ugly

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

can not say...hahaahahaha...NIMOY....HHAAHA
          Originality is the art of hiding your source of inspiration.

Comment

I'll pitch in my two cents to add that I can't stand the flat inflectionless tone of the voiceovers. The "I cannot live without books" one is enough to make me want to find Nimoy and punch him, and the Satellites one is enough to make me want to mute all sound on the game.

On the other hand, try this:
            Build the internet when you're behind by a half dozen or more techs (I never go for deadend techs when I'm in the heat of the space race). Then when the Internet's built and the tech screens come up, skip through them as fast as you can. All of the tech narrations overlap with each other creating a babbling effect that in my mind is a *perfect* depiction of the internet, so perfect that it should have been mandatory for the voice files to all play at once. Indeed, that's what the movie should have sounded like (although I liked what they did for that movie anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

I have two words for you:

Butt and

Ugly

Umm, hello? It's a voiceover.

Meaning you don't see... aww, I give up.
              Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; April 15, 2006, 20:53.
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I too miss the High Council from Civ II. Ah well {sigh}. I'm quite fond of the softly spoken voice-overs in Civ IV, though I'll admit it doesn't sound like we got 100% effort from the talent. I think we got more than good enough. And the wonder movies are fun to watch. I actually sit through them.

Jenna Jameson for voice-overs? Might as well use Nimoy in an adult film!

Comment

Nimoy is ok. But he is a little repetetive in his reading. Anyway, heres a list of things that should have been in the game. Shame on Firaxis for not having it considering the great experiences from previous versions.

Things that should have been in Civ4.
                  1. High Council
                  2. Varied Characters for voiceover (like in AC)
                  3. Wonder movies that feel... wonderful
                  4. End movies (!) for win AND lose.

thats all I can think of that wouldnt have been too much hassle to make that definetively should have been part of the Civ experience. nr2 isnt that important though. Nimoy is good enough for all I care.
                  Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Working...
                  X