Mods combinable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods combinable

If I want to use two mods which I think should be combinable, how do i do that?

Well, not to be a jerk, but the first thing you'd do is post this in the mods section of the forum.

Along with the two mods you want to combine and the authors should be able to tell you what steps to take. It's also more helpful to get the authors by-in since they should know about any conflicts before you ruin your install.

Tom P.

Comment

Or just make a backup copy of Civ 4 and mess around with it

Comment

I would think it's easier to copy a single DLL and move it or rename it (to *.dl_ for example) than have two complete and distinct versions of CIV but if you feel the need...

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
          I would think it's easier to copy a single DLL and move it or rename it (to *.dl_ for example) than have two complete and distinct versions of CIV but if you feel the need...

Tom P.
          I don't think that would be neccessary. You can load any mod from within the game, so you don't need several installations for that(the only thing you need several installations for is if you want one civ4 for each patch or something). But he is asking how to combine two mods, and since I'm not a modder I must advice the thread starter to either wait for the SDK or ask for help in the mod section.)
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

there is a huge amount of information out there in the mod section. Also check out civfanatics, though I'm not a big fan of civfanatics, there is a lot more modding on there.
            As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
            atrocities.
            - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

I don't think that would be neccessary. You can load any mod from within the game, so you don't need several installations for that(the only thing you need several installations for is if you want one civ4 for each patch or something). But he is asking how to combine two mods, and since I'm not a modder I must advice the thread starter to either wait for the SDK or ask for help in the mod section.)
              Well, Overcast32 was suggesting a backup copy of Civ to "mess aroud with. That's who I was addressing.

But to the OP's point there's no way to UNload a mod so once you've loaded it you are stuck with it until you quit Civ. What I understood his post to suggest was a way to unload the mods per game. That way if I was playing with the BlueMarble mod and wanted to stop and play the next game without it I don't have to exit the entire application, just the current game.

Tom P.

Comment

Sorry. I'm making one too many posts.

The "OP" that I'm refering to is in a completely different thread.

Nevermind.

Tom P.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X