• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
    Peace, and love!

Conquest is nice also.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by Spammer(fin)
      I prefer that animated one. I forget whose it was. Sirotnikov's?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Why conquest?

Originally posted by Strategist83
        Is there any reason to go for a conquest victory rather than a domination victory on a large map? Isn't it always better to keep the cities and grow rather than burn them down?
        If only to get the Civ2 feel of the game. It's annoying as barbarians sprout up in all the empty spaces you leave. And you really can't leave too many troops to "watch" those spaces as you need them for war.

I suppose you could disable domination and leave conquest checked to avoid this problem.

Comment

I always turn off domination, as it ends the game, when it gets the most interesting
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Conquest is lots of fun!
            "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
            Check out my Blog!

Comment

my last game I got a domination on a huge earth map around 1908. But I'm just not sure if I would have had enough time to conquer everything. Some of the civs had cities down in Australia. I only had about 140 turns left.... Maybe I could have. I'd have to rush some transports. Of course I was in a police state and couldn't rush anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pis
                Of course I was in a police state and couldn't rush anything.
                The irony...
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                  I always turn off domination, as it ends the game, when it gets the most interesting
                  You can still keep playing after domination - if you want to. But to me that seems pointless, as you are going to win anyway. You are just wasting time playing a game with a foregone conclusion.

You would be better IMO spending your time enjoying a new game at the next difficulty level. Until you master domination at that - then up a level again.
                  "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    my last game I got a domination on a huge earth map around 1908. But I'm just not sure if I would have had enough time to conquer everything. Some of the civs had cities down in Australia. I only had about 140 turns left.... Maybe I could have. I'd have to rush some transports. Of course I was in a police state and couldn't rush anything.
                    Actually you have mentioned a good point. That is: how many players who go for conquest - turn off certain victory conditions.

At least on Noble by turning of the time limit and Space Race you are probably guaranteed a win.

What do others think?
                    "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK
                      You can still keep playing after domination - if you want to. But to me that seems pointless, as you are going to win anyway. You are just wasting time playing a game with a foregone conclusion.
                      But I like to take over their last cities
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

A healthy diet helps.

A conquest allways bankrupts me....
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                        X