Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Leaders in the Expansion after Warlords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Leaders in the Expansion after Warlords?

This thread is just to the test the waters and see where members of the Apolyton community stand on civ and leader preference.

Assuming that Firaxis will only add 4 non-new civ leaders in their Civ4 expansions, pick your favorite 4 in the poll, and say why you chose the way you did.
    Abraham Lincoln (America)
    3.51%
    Pericles (Greece)
    12.28%
    Darius the Great (Persia)
    7.89%
    Adolf Hitler (Germany)
    9.65%
    Philip II (Spain)
    7.89%
    Nero or Caligula (Rome)
    0.88%
    Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)
    7.02%
    Wu Zhao (China)
    0.88%
    Joan of Arc (France)
    5.26%
    Indira Gandhi (India)
    1.75%
    Cleopatra (Egypt)
    7.89%
    Ogedei Khan (Mongols)
    0.88%
    Meiji (Japan)
    9.65%
    Atahualpa (Inca)
    5.26%
    Sundiata Keita (Mali)
    5.26%
    Henry VIII (England)
    6.14%
    Ivan the Terrible (Russia)
    4.39%
    Cuauhtemoc (Aztecs)
    3.51%
    Last edited by Alexander I; March 28, 2006, 01:15.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Abraham Lincoln - because the game needs more trustworthy leaders
    Pericles - because Alexander the Great is unreliable and unpredictable, and occassionally randomly violent
    Joan of Arc - because Civ4 needs more good, solid women leaders
    Adolf Hitler - because it just doesn't feel right to leave him out.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

I picked Harun al-Rashid, to provide some more diversity, to be novel, and to expand the great Arab potential; Pericles because Greece needs a cultural leader as well as a warmonger; Abraham Lincoln to give yet another facet to the Americans; and Darius I to have a Persian leader with a more militant, yet still cultural personality.

I think that eventually most civs should have 3 leaders that fall into three categories, namely the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, or more specifcally, the Friendly, the Competitive, and the Erratic.
      Last edited by Alexander I; March 28, 2006, 01:49.
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Canaan Banana
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Pericles, to balance Alexander
          Hitler, just for the hell of it
          Harun-al-Rashid and Atahualpa, because all the rest was either too boring or unknown...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Arabs: Harun al-Rashid and Queen Zenobia
            Aztec: Auitzotl
            Chinese: Wu Di
            Egyptians: Tuthmosis III or Ramses II (depending on who the pharaoh in Warlords is)
            France: Jeanne d'Arc
            Greeks: Pericles
            Incans: Pachacuti
            India: Akbar
            Japan: Meiji
            Malinese: Sundiate Keita
            Persians: Darius
            Rome: Trajan
            Spanish: Ferdinand

That way every civ has at least 2 leaders and the ones with the longest history have 3 (plus England and Russia because they already have 3 in Warlords and France to have one more female leader in the game).
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
              Canaan Banana

Not having the option:
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Bananas represent phalluses in the unconscious.

Comment

oh.. that's why I like carrots and cucumbers? *calling dr. Freud

Seriously: I would like to see Meiji, Jeanne d' Arc, Pericles and Hitler.
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

New leaders for japan and the aztecs! In order to make them more varied...
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Meiji, Xerxes/Darius, and Pericles are must-haves!

I wouldn't mind seeing a second leader for Spain either. I would prefer El Cid.

I am fine with the "underdog" civs only having one leader.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                        New leaders for japan and the aztecs! In order to make them more varied...
                        And to stop them from being so eternally aggressive.

Originally posted by Monkspider
                        I am fine with the "underdog" civs only having one leader.
                        Same here.

Comment

Working...
                        X