Montezuma dead in 4 turns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montezuma dead in 4 turns...

Anyone done anything like this before? I just beat Montezuma in 4 turns on a 45X28 (very close to double the size of a huge map) I took a picture but for whatever reason, it's impossible to get it online. But anyway, has this ever happened to anyone before?

4? Did you start right next to him on Settler's level?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Right next to him, but on Prince.

Well not right next to him, 5 squares away (a direct movement toward him was seperated by water)

Comment

So, you took the grumpy old warmonger with a scout then?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          So, you took the grumpy old warmonger with a scout then?
          That's impossible, since they can't attack

Comment

You know, since Montezuma attacks absolutely every time you see him, maybe he should be rebalanced. Heck, the Aztecs in Civ2 were the blandest, most non-commital race in the whole game. So it's quite a change in Civ4.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I don't know about all the civilizations, but atleast the Chinese (I almost always play Qin Shin Haung and I still can't spell that name right) start with a warrior and not a scout.

Regardless I am getting my ass kicked this game, there are very very few nearby resources and no nearby rivers. I've quit this game. The trade off, extra city but having them both be in crappy areas isn't great.
              Last edited by Qwertqwert; March 18, 2006, 11:07.

Comment

Oh, I'll see if I can upload a picture, it's like 5.5MB so I have to upload it through the upload service.

Here's a picture, watch out 28.8K, this is a big picture. You will have to actually download it, you can view it in Microsoft Paint (comes preloaded on XP)

Forgot to add the picture... http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...4_untitled.bmp
                Last edited by Qwertqwert; March 18, 2006, 11:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                  Oh, I'll see if I can upload a picture, it's like 5.5MB so I have to upload it through the upload service.
                  A 5MB picture? Do yourself a favour and store it as JPG rather than BMP, that should cut it down to a 10th of that size... Just load it in Paint, go to File > Save As and select JPEG as type.

Edit: too late...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well eigher way, if you really want to see you can download it. But basically it's just what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

That's impossible, since they can't attack
                      Then how could he be beaten within 4 turns when there were 5 tiles to travel?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Then how could he be beaten within 4 turns when there were 5 tiles to travel?
                        Because that's not true The picture shows a 3 tile distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                          Right next to him, but on Prince.

Well not right next to him, 5 squares away (a direct movement toward him was seperated by water)

Comment

Yes I know warriors can't wade through coastal squares...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Edit... No I was right, it was 5 spots away, my warrior started on the tile right of Bejing. 3980BC it hit Bejing, and Montezuma moved up 1 square. In the process of getting up there I beat 1 explorer. It was 5 squares from the warrior, 4 from the city.
                              Last edited by Qwertqwert; March 19, 2006, 03:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X