Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to have the expansion pack confirmed. Trust there will be some gameplay additions rather than simply more of the same.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV has sold over a million units worldwide
    Is that true? I thought I read that it was closer to half a million. That is some sales record for a TBS

Comment

The expansion pack is loaded with new civilizations, new leaders and more units, resources and wonders that can be used in both single and multiplayer games

The Warlord unit sounds interesting. Maybe it is like a "Great General" (military Great Person) unit that gives massive experience or performance boosts to units in a certain range from it?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As long as the Warlord unit is balanced, it should be fun .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

hope it is early summer! now if we can just get a clue on the patch....

Comment

Originally posted by mike2h
            hope it is early summer! now if we can just get a clue on the patch....
            I would, on the contrary, hope it's late summer!

Comment

Me too.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

I was surprised when I read it was coming in the summer, I was expecting another pre-Christmas release.

Comment

You guys are so northern-hemispherical-normative... So un-PC
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

was going to ask why then realised you are probably in southern heisphere.
                    people still trip when i tell them i grew up going to the beach &/or getin the barbie out for xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by mike2h
                      was going to ask why then realised you are probably in southern heisphere.
                      Latvia's not in the southern hemisphere
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm very much in Northern hemisphere .

I just hope it's late summer because that means more development time to make a good expansion - an extra month isn't that much wait for us fans, but can mean a great deal for improving the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Latvia's not in the southern hemisphere
                          Not yet .

Comment

sorry! did not look at your avatar
                            given what i have seen so far i really doubt they will release it unless it is ready(mostly ) i see finances being the biggest driving factor of its release- it will be released to maximise profits.jmo.

Comment

Profits do not neccessarily equal readiness, but I think we can expect a good piece of work from Firaxis.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Given what can be realitically done in the timeframe, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X