Mininum # of Civs for UN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mininum # of Civs for UN?

For fun, I was playing Oasis with just two civs. When I researched Radio, I was eager to build the UN to start forcing a lot of resolutions down Tokugawa's throat, as I had 68% of the population at the time. But alas, the UN could not be built. I suspect the reason has to do with there being a mininum # of civs for there to be a Diplomatic Victory option when the game starts. Obviously, two does not cut it. What does?

BTW, playing Oasis with just two civs is a blast. You are overwhelmed with Barbarians for most of the game.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Yep, you need a minimum of three players to have the UN. Mathematically-speaking, two players wouldn't make any sense regarding a diplomatic victory, or any of the other voting the UN allows. It think it's in the Civ4 manual someplace...

Comment

Ned???

OT Ned??? Man, that's been a while, where have you been?

Well, good to see you anyway.

Can't answer your question though. Although I assume it's three.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Ned???

OT Ned??? Man, that's been a while, where have you been?

Well, good to see you anyway.

Can't answer your question though. Although I assume it's three.
        Alva, I was taking too much time with this forum. It is too addictive. So, I went cold turkey.

I have, though, been reading the posts here about Civ IV. They help one's strategy. As usual, Vel and Blake are really shinning.

Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I know what you mean about wasting one's time here.

Do a search on posts from DeepO and Aeson, they often offer some great insights too.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Any plans for an actual UN council like in Alpha Centauri? There's nothing as satisfying as looking Sheng-ji Yang in the eye right before you revoke his most beloved civic.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
            X