No copper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yosho
    Heh...yeah, I had a "war elephents against macemen" war once; I'm starting to like war elephents a lot more, they're actually a very flexable unit with only one weakness.
    Oh, war elephant are very strong units and they are particularly nasty against horse archers. They are expensive, though.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka II
      On pangea, if Alex lives nearby, and you don't have copper, you'd better get archery quickly, because he looks inside your cities...
      How?

I don't think he can look at your cities without a unit nearby.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

How?

I don't think he can look at your cities without a unit nearby.

I don't think he meant that literaly.
        But rather that on pangea and on difficult setting, Alex WILL declare war on you very early - almost always before you get iron working ... and I have to say that in fact archers won't be able to deflect him.
        GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
        even mean anything?

Comment

If you've got a decent amount of power, you can keep peace with alexander. And city defender archers can generally hold out against axemen (you might also have to build walls in some border cities without much culture), although they won't save you from being pillaged.

The AI's do do a lot of scouting; it does seem like if they find out you've got undefended border cities they're more likely to attack you then if not, even if the overall power is the same. That might just be my preception, though.

Comment

Working...
          X