Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery of "Official news about the expansion pack" has rendered this thread obsolete.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      Discovery of "Official news about the expansion pack" has rendered this thread obsolete.
      I'm glad you discovered it, now would you mind sharing the link with the rest of us so we can discover it too?

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I agree with you on that but as someone once pointed out, it wouldn't make any sense to just create female leaders in order to be politically correct. History is dominated by male leaders, it's just a fact of life. It doesn't really bother me if I end up with a female leader in my games. Once you start playing, it's irrelevant.
        I don't mind having a female leader. However, my girlfriend does mind playing as a male leader. She'll only play as Isabella, Catherine, Hatshepsut, Victoria or Elizabeth.
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
          I don't mind having a female leader. However, my girlfriend does mind playing as a male leader. She'll only play as Isabella, Catherine, Hatshepsut, Victoria or Elizabeth.
          Why is she so shallow? I mean I'll play female leaders.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily say she's shallow. I first introduced her to PC games with Civ4, so I was glad she'd play it all.
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
              Well, I know somebody who plays only Lady Diedre Skye in Alpha Centauri
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Prejudiced against Miriam and Corazon, eh?

Comment

Is the sociological observation that women prefer to play as women leaders, coloured peoples like to play as coloured leaders, and yet white males aren't in the least bit bothered who they play as, actually true then?

(ASking in the interests of science!)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

With that army of Mindworms you can quickly amass, why wouldn't you want to play her? She was always my favourite as well, until I started playing random for the variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David
                      Is the sociological observation that women prefer to play as women leaders, coloured peoples like to play as coloured leaders, and yet white males aren't in the least bit bothered who they play as, actually true then?

Well, she's playing as Bismarck now, so I guess she's overcome her reservations...

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                        I'm glad you discovered it, now would you mind sharing the link with the rest of us so we can discover it too?
                        Gladly
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Gladly
                          Oh that one. The way you worded it, I thought it was some special site that had some indepth info on it.

Comment

No kidding. I'm just hoping for some new info soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David

Yes, white males are more open-minded then women and people of color. If only the white man ruled the world we could get rid of war, racism and prejudice...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

'Coloured' peoples?
                                GLYNDWR

Comment

Working...
                                X