This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vassal states.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

And more Civ1 goodies: Ramses and Stalin is back!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Talk about +1's...........
        posting the same 2 posts in 2 threads, that could've been posted in 1 thread once
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

There's two threads on the topic, and I found out that this post was better suited here(a little too late, but better late than never), especially since noone seems to have thought of the Egyption leader being Ramses.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            Talk about +1's...........
            posting the same 2 posts in 2 threads, that could've been posted in 1 thread once
            You're one to talk, babling your new concepts tirade all over the forum!
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01

You're one to talk, babling your new concepts tirade all over the forum!
              Learn the difference between a tirade and a campaign dude
              A tirade will follow when civ4:w will be released without new concepts
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

See my post in the other thread for more info.

Comment

I second the addition of more female rulers. My wife loves Civ4, but she's a bit whiney about the lack of female leaders.

Well - here's the problem.. the English are both females, the French are both males. Only the Russians give an option of a male or female leader.

If more Civs had a male/female choice, it would help to level up the playing field for female gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Overcast32
                    I second the addition of more female rulers. My wife loves Civ4, but she's a bit whiney about the lack of female leaders.

Well - here's the problem.. the English are both females, the French are both males. Only the Russians give an option of a male or female leader.

If more Civs had a male/female choice, it would help to level up the playing field for female gamers.
                    There could be a mini game for female leaders only where you have to choose which hat you’re going put on and how you’ll do your hair when you make diplomatic contact.

New technologies could reveal new option for eye shadow and stuff!
                    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                      And more Civ1 goodies: Ramses and Stalin is back!
                      We don't know for sure that it's Ramses yet, so far it's just a male Egyptian. Unless you noticed something I missed. Good to see Egypt get another leader though. I'm not really sure why England and Russia needed another leader, I'd think it would be better to give them to a civ that only has one so far. Though I like the idea of Churchill in the game. And Stalin for that matter. It's going to mean some WW2 scenarios for sure.

Comment

It makes sense to me that the Pharaoh would be Ramses II, since the expansion is named "warlords," and devoted to great military leaders.

You know, my girlfriend loves Civ4 too, and she complains about the lack of female leaders as well. Maybe they could have done the same as Civ2 and have one of each. Oh well.
                        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                          Maybe they could have done the same as Civ2 and have one of each. Oh well.
                          I agree with you on that but as someone once pointed out, it wouldn't make any sense to just create female leaders in order to be politically correct. History is dominated by male leaders, it's just a fact of life. It doesn't really bother me if I end up with a female leader in my games. Once you start playing, it's irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

We don't know for sure that it's Ramses yet, so far it's just a male Egyptian. Unless you noticed something I missed. Good to see Egypt get another leader though. I'm not really sure why England and Russia needed another leader, I'd think it would be better to give them to a civ that only has one so far. Though I like the idea of Churchill in the game. And Stalin for that matter. It's going to mean some WW2 scenarios for sure.
                            Soo, any sightings of a small guy with a funny moustache?

I mean a Chaplinesque Great Artist, of course.

And carrier bombers!!! And more space in carriers!!!!
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd
                              There could be a mini game for female leaders only where you have to choose which hat you’re going put on and how you’ll do your hair when you make diplomatic contact.

New technologies could reveal new option for eye shadow and stuff!

As stated in other forum discussions, the reason there isn't that many female rulers as compared to male ones is because throughout history, men have dominated governments. Firaxis, however, does try to put as many females as it really can into the game (ie, Egypt is ruled by a female, when there are a number of males that could easily qualify.. and one may be included in the XP from the early pics we got).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

We don't know for sure that it's Ramses yet, so far it's just a male Egyptian. Unless you noticed something I missed.
                                Well, I instantly thought of Ramses when I saw the pic. Here's a pic from Civ1:

Compare it with the concept art from C4W:

Comment

Working...
                                X