Motherland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdijedi7

I remember that. Half the Soviet Union turned into India. I think it would be nice to have each civ have a "rebellion civ."

If America splits, you get the confederacy. Withe the English, you can get the Americans (unlikely) or maybe the Scots or Welsh. The Russians get the Soviets, etc.
    This reminds me of Europa Universalis I and II, where certain sequences of events with rebelling provinces can lead to the formation of new Nations. If the right piece of France broke off, for example, you could wind up with the new nation of Burgundy sitting between the remainder of France and the German and Italian states.

Comment

I miss that break-apart-feature from older civs, too. Tho i never had a situation yet, where it would have been likely to happen. I just assume it's not there anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7

Ouch, man. That's cold. Never thought of that myself. Hate to have YOU for my king.
        I call it the "Smithers, release the hounds" theory of social control.

You have the right to assemble - in an orderly queue, that ye may work yourselves to death building my new courthouse.
        Veni, Vedi, Veresetti

Comment

Another alternative is to switch to Nationhood and draft the dissidents into military service. Straightens out their ideas remarkably.

Comment

You cannot draft if you have less than a certain percentage of your culture there. I think 10%.
            Early to rise, Early to bed.
            Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderjeru
              When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

However.

When in the course of my plans for world domination, a group of disgruntled former citizens of a steamrolled dominion feel it neccesary to chap my ass mightily by refusing to work,

I change civics to slavery.
              I whip up some infrastructure.

And the new citizens have a new respect for maintaining the public order and behaving themselves.

I call it the "Smithers, release the hounds" theory of social control.

You have the right to assemble - in an orderly queue, that ye may work yourselves to death building my new courthouse.
              That is seriously funny. My kinda thinkin'.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

If Spiderjeru ever gets any power, remind me to raise an army.
                I don't know what I've been told!
                Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                Love to press the Buster Switch!
                Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Remind me to join his side early! I would make a fine second in command as I treat my newfound civilians the same way when they refuse to work.

Comment

You join his side. I'll be there to crush the dictators.
                    I don't know what I've been told!
                    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                    Love to press the Buster Switch!
                    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Whipping people to death is probably the best cure for unhappiness. However, grinding their bodies to create the mortar used to build a new temple or marketplace can be a better solution
                      "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Working...
                      X