Motherland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherland

On terra maps when I go to the new continant and take over cities, a lot of them after they are settled have large unhappiness amounts because they want to join the homeland. How do I get them to do that?

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

However.

When in the course of my plans for world domination, a group of disgruntled former citizens of a steamrolled dominion feel it neccesary to chap my ass mightily by refusing to work,

I change civics to slavery.
    I whip up some infrastructure.

And the new citizens have a new respect for maintaining the public order and behaving themselves.
    Veni, Vedi, Veresetti

Comment

Sehr schön.
      "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
      "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
      "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Re: Motherland

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
        On terra maps when I go to the new continant and take over cities, a lot of them after they are settled have large unhappiness amounts because they want to join the homeland. How do I get them to do that?

This is a sign that Firaxis should implement 'civil wars' as a means of resolving unhappiness conflicts on far-distant continents, in their upcoming expansion pack.

Comment

"Den Sozialismus in seinem Lauf, haelt weder Ochs noch Esel auf."

"GenossenundGenossininninnnnn"

"NIEMAND hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu bauen..."

Ach - Herrlich !

But seriously - i never played earth maps yet - so i have no idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
            "Den Sozialismus in seinem Lauf, haelt weder Ochs noch Esel auf."

"GenossenundGenossininninnnnn"

"NIEMAND hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu bauen..."

Ach - Herrlich !

Did that bring up a lot of phlegm?

Comment

Re: Re: Motherland

Originally posted by Son of David

This is a sign that Firaxis should implement 'civil wars' as a means of resolving unhappiness conflicts on far-distant continents, in their upcoming expansion pack.
              Would be nice. I recall that in either civ3 or some versions of 2, it was possible for a faction to break up. unfortunately, it almost never happened, as it required some weird sequence of events (barbarians overrunning the capital in late game, or something like that, I cant recall exactly). I've seen it happen only once, and I'd like more of it....

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Motherland

Originally posted by Hayek

Would be nice. I recall that in either civ3 or some versions of 2, it was possible for a faction to break up. unfortunately, it almost never happened, as it required some weird sequence of events (barbarians overrunning the capital in late game, or something like that, I cant recall exactly). I've seen it happen only once, and I'd like more of it....
                It was in Civ 1. Sometimes when you captured the capital and there was "room" (free color) for new civ.
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Motherland

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

It was in Civ 1. Sometimes when you captured the capital and there was "room" (free color) for new civ.
                  Must have dragged over to later versions as well, cause I never played the original civ. But it was so rare that I wouldnt be surprised if it was uninetended for later versions, perhaps some residual code that they forgot to delete.

Comment

I vaguely remember playing a Civ2 scenario where the game announced to me that the German nation had split into two, with the other faction being the Chinese.

I preferred CTP2's system of rebellion. It was a bit like what we have now except that a city could flip to its own new civ as well as the possibility of joining an existing one.

Since your colonies are usually too far away from other civs to flip over to them (especially when you are the first there and fill up the new continent), it would be nice for the possibility of far-away cities forming their own civ or perhaps turning into a barbarian civ when unhappiness has been rampant for a long time.

Failing that it would be a nice thing to add into some scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek

Must have dragged over to later versions as well, cause I never played the original civ. But it was so rare that I wouldnt be surprised if it was uninetended for later versions, perhaps some residual code that they forgot to delete.
                      It was in civ 2 as well...
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

[SIZE=1]

When in the course of my plans for world domination, a group of disgruntled former citizens of a steamrolled dominion feel it neccesary to chap my ass mightily by refusing to work,

I change civics to slavery.
                        I whip up some infrastructure.

And the new citizens have a new respect for maintaining the public order and behaving themselves.
                        Ouch, man. That's cold. Never thought of that myself. Hate to have YOU for my king.
                        I don't know what I've been told!
                        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                        Love to press the Buster Switch!
                        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David
                          I vaguely remember playing a Civ2 scenario where the game announced to me that the German nation had split into two, with the other faction being the Chinese.
                          I remember that. Half the Soviet Union turned into India. I think it would be nice to have each civ have a "rebellion civ."

If America splits, you get the confederacy. Withe the English, you can get the Americans (unlikely) or maybe the Scots or Welsh. The Russians get the Soviets, etc.
                          I don't know what I've been told!
                          Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                          Love to press the Buster Switch!
                          Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7

I remember that. Half the Soviet Union turned into India. I think it would be nice to have each civ have a "rebellion civ."

If America splits, you get the confederacy. Withe the English, you can get the Americans (unlikely) or maybe the Scots or Welsh. The Russians get the Soviets, etc.
                            If they made the English split and produce the Scots I'd be furious.
                            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Back to the original question - I believe over time this will fade as your culture replaces the old one. If you want to get rid of it instantly elimante the motherland and they no longer ask to go there.

Comment

Working...
                              X