Where did all the hours go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -SafaN-
    Well the timer and a watch is included in the game ... i use it all the time
    I noticed but it didn't help

Seriously though, how does it work? Can I program it to stop the game at 2200 no matter what?
    (tired now...)
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I just noticed I've been playing for 7 hours, it's 5 AM now...

Comment

Yes, there is a timer/alarm clock feature I have found in the options. No, I have never enabled it. It would just be ignored for the one-more-turn syndrome until my eyes finally insisted on closing and my body insists on falling asleep. I find the one-more-turn effect to be even stronger in Civ4 than it was in Civ3. This is both a good thing and a bad thing.

It did come up in a discussion with the kids about addiction. I hate being used as an audio-visual aid in such discussions! I tried explaining the civanon website, and it didn't help my case at all.
        If you aren't confused,
        You don't understand.

Comment

When I'm in the "one-more-turn"-mode I am usually more than capable of blocking out both external stimuli as well as bodily functions.

When I finally drop out of it the pizza is cold, beer is flat, the fire is dead, family is asleep and I am thirsty, hungry, cold and have an exceptionally full bladder...

What if the house catch fire? I won't stop playing unless the power cables burn up
          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
          X