Where did all the hours go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did all the hours go?

Here i am, new to the civ games on the PC (maaaaaaany years ago i used to play the board game civilization, but thats another story). And what a game Civ 4 is...I could just listen to the music for hours, let alone play the game!
    But thats where the problem lies....when i do play i seem to time travel. Into the future. Its the only way to explain how i managed to loose 6 hours last night! There i was happily building culture by the barrow load while slaughtering a civ i didn't like the look of. Next thing i know its 12:40 am. I could have sworn it was many hours earlier than that...but i still had to play one more turn!
    What...there are OTHER ways of winning that don't include owning the WHOLE world??

Re: Where did all the hours go?

Originally posted by Crazy Snail
    Next thing i know its 12:40 am. I could have sworn it was many hours earlier than that...but i still had to play one more turn!
    That's nothing, there's been a few mornings I didn't get to bed until 8 am or so. And that was after starting to play in sometime the morning already. I definitely get obsessed with the game sometimes.

Comment

You were obviously abducted by the Grey.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

There should be a "Just...one...more...turn" warning on the box
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: Re: Where did all the hours go?

Originally posted by Willem

That's nothing, there's been a few mornings I didn't get to bed until 8 am or so. And that was after starting to play in sometime the morning already. I definitely get obsessed with the game sometimes.
          Yeah, don't you hate those birds "taking' you out of it.
          That's one sound I really dread, it's the sounds of birds waking up.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
            There should be a "Just...one...more...turn" warning on the box
            Thank god for CivAnon, I'm doing much better these days.

Comment

Well the timer and a watch is included in the game ... i use it all the time
              http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Well the timer and a watch is included in the game ... i use it all the time
                It needs to do more than that . . . like automatically save your game and shut down the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus9

It needs to do more than that . . . like automatically save your game and shut down the computer.
                  That still might not be enough. It would be even more effective if it put you to bed and turned off the lights.

Comment

That still might not be enough. It would be even more effective if it put you to bed and turned off the lights.
                    i bought a laptop. I play in bed
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

If I play even 3 hours of Civ before going to bed, and the game is even somewhat in doubt... sleep is impossible.
                      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

I've tried that with my laptop. It's not recommended. On a table Civ4 overheats my processor after 30-60 minutes(resulting the processor to suddenly go from 1.7 GHz to ~270 MHz... ), sitting in my bed it happens in no time. Probably because of the clothes/duvet.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Taking Civ4 to bed?

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          It's not recommended. On a table Civ4 overheats my processor
                          There are far more important things (two, to be precise) that you should be worried about overheating when you take a laptop to bed...
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Which is?
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

It's not recommended. On a table Civ4 overheats my processor... sitting in my bed it happens in no time.
                              There far more important things (two, to be precise) that you should be worried about overheating when you take a laptop to bed...
                              Which is?

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X